ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what kind of visa!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonathan_sugabo
Newly Registered

what kind of visa!!!!

Post by jonathan_sugabo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 pm

I am a work permit holder in northern ireland, My visa will expire this coming september 2011.
I have a son who is an irish citizen.
I just want to know if what kind of visa do we have to apply in ireland for us to stay here with our son who is an irish citizen?

thanks

fatty patty

Re: what kind of visa!!!!

Post by fatty patty » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am

jonathan_sugabo wrote: I am a work permit holder in northern ireland, My visa will expire this coming september 2011.
I have a son who is an irish citizen.
I just want to know if what kind of visa do we have to apply in ireland for us to stay here with our son who is an irish citizen?

thanks
The scheme which allows a non eu parent of an Irish citizen to live in Ireland on their basis is finished a while back so i have heard. Meaning that you going to have to apply to live in Ireland on your own behalf, if your son is over 18 and self suffcient he can apply to the minster for you to stay as his dependent, which means you have to prove to INIS/minister that you are totally dependent on him etc.