ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cardiff_lad
Newly Registered

Employment Letter

Post by cardiff_lad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello,

I am going tom apply for Tier 1 day after tomorrow, I got a small query.. the employment letter that I got it from my employer is printed electronically even the signature too, as my company’s head office has generated the letter and its not based in the same city so they have send it to my Manager as PDF file which he has print it off and had given me, can anyone please confirm will I be arite with that letter.

Thanks

ammu12345

Post by ammu12345 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm

if i were you i would asked them to post the letter and use the original one

cardiff_lad
Newly Registered

Post by cardiff_lad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:21 pm

I really had done it so, but don’t want to take any chances, sometimes post get delayed and I am applying through premium service, if I would ask to Head Office today I am not sure how long will it take and I got my appointment at 12:00 day after and post always arrives late after 12:00

ammu12345

Post by ammu12345 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 pm

is that letter for one of the documents for earnings?

cardiff_lad
Newly Registered

Post by cardiff_lad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes it is, confirming my DOB, my NI, and my designation, my starting date in company
Is that any HO requirements regarding the employment letter, my manager says that letter will be fine as the letter got the company logo and all the contact details

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

cardiff_lad wrote:Yes it is, confirming my DOB, my NI, and my designation, my starting date in company
There is no requirement for a letter with such information / content.
cardiff_lad wrote:Is that any HO requirements regarding the employment letter, my manager says that letter will be fine as the letter got the company logo and all the contact details
All one needs is a software package to create a letterhead / logo, write the required content, scan someone's signature ... and offer such a letter as "genuine". So, IMHO, it will be in your interest that you submit "mandatory documentary evidence" printed on letter-headed paper with signature in the authorised signatory's handwriting and stamped (with a normal stamp). IMHO, it is better to be safe than sorry!

regards

cardiff_lad
Newly Registered

Post by cardiff_lad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:28 pm

I know I got no other option left, the time is running by that’s the only option I have got left, what anyone think will HO could object about the authenticity of the letter, the letter head mention everything company phone number, address, etc

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:12 pm

cardiff_lad wrote:my manager says that letter will be fine as the letter got the company logo and all the contact details
That's not what UKBA say. They are very specific about requiring original documents. This letter is not an original it is a copy. I cannot see why they would accept it but maybe you will be lucky. Do you have two forms of evidence of earnings in addition to the letter (eg, payslips and bank statement)? If so, you might want to consider whether you should submit the letter or rely on your other evidence. I would also arrange to have the original sent so it is ready if you need to re-apply / appeal. Would another option be applying by post when you get the letter instead of in-person?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
cardiff_lad wrote:Yes it is, confirming my DOB, my NI, and my designation, my starting date in company
There is no requirement for a letter with such information / content.
Why is this letter - with content as highlighted - required for a Tier 1 (General) application? And why is the OP intent on submitting printout of an electronic document that is unnecessary / not relevant to the application?

regards