ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Income (Foreign)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diddlydo
Newly Registered

Supporting Income (Foreign)

Post by Diddlydo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 am

I want to show balance income with a foreign bank account statement from a contract executed a couple of years ago...payment only released due to pressure from my family (Nigeria!).

What other supporting evidence would I be expected to provide? This said company has been registered since 2002 and past earnings formed part of the reason why I was granted leave to enter the UK in the first place.

Is the fact that payment is made in three instalments going to be a problem?

My current visa expires in two weeks, would it be a problem to convince that I pursued this payment to make up the difference?

I am on salary band £30k -£34k but because of age need to be on band £64k - £74k/

I have got a firm job offer with a company for £44k but they want to be sure I can get the visa and thus have set my start date after the expected visa decision date.

Thanks.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:16 am

Such a large difference in such a short period will definitely result in investigation and could lead to a ban if documents are fake.

If you are confident about authenticity, then you will need invoices, bank statements after the money has been paid, probably best to have letter from the employer, proof of the work actually carried out.

Three installments should be fine

Diddlydo
Newly Registered

Post by Diddlydo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:44 am

[quote="jason23"]Such a large difference in such a short period will definitely result in investigation and could lead to a ban if documents are fake.

If you are confident about authenticity, then you will need invoices, bank statements after the money has been paid, probably best to have letter from the employer, proof of the work actually carried out.

Three installments should be fine[/quote]

Will absolutely not use fake documents as I am genuinely employed, have a genuine job offer from a global company and like I said earlier, this contract has been ongoing since 2006. Nothing fake...my main worry had been the recent reactivation of the account for which payment is being made. All documentation is authentic.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 pm

In that case it is fine, there are no rules about the account being active/ inactive. The account must be in your name though. As long as your supporting documents are in correct you should not have a problem. Although, like I mentioned given that you will be earning a sizeable amount, it will be best to have additional proof ready regarding the type of work etc

Diddlydo
Newly Registered

Post by Diddlydo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

@jason23 You have been truly helpful...I really appreciate your response and that's a 'phew' for me.