ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I withdraw the psw application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adn21
Newly Registered

How do I withdraw the psw application?

Post by adn21 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi guys, I have just applied for psw visa in London last week, now I havent received the acknowledgement letter yet and my visa is expired already. However my parents want me to leave UK asap, so I wanna ask how can I withdraw my application? And after withdrawing the application, does it mean that I stay in the UK illegally and will I be ban from entering UK in the future?

Thanks so much for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Write to UKBA requesting withdrawal of application. Provide necessary details in the letter / email (e.g. - name, date of birth, nationality, passport no., application reference number (if received) etc.). See Requests for the return of documents.

If you stay in the UK for more than 28 days from the effective date of withdrawal (see section 4 of this document for effective date), any entry clearance application(s) in the future may be subject to conditions specified in 320(7B) unless 320(7C) applies.

regards

adn21
Newly Registered

Post by adn21 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

thanks so much for the useful information, just 1 more question: when i go to customs in airport what information should i provide so they wont play hard on me? (eg: ask me to wait hours for them to check all the information, ask me to sign documents ... i dont know what will happen)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

its highly unlikely they will even stop you at airport as you are leaving the country...

as a side note....you should keep tickets etc handy for (possible) future apps to prove the date you left uk