ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO for Tier 1G Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akash08

PEO for Tier 1G Extension

Post by akash08 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 am

Hi,

The website says the following:

What is family group?
If you are applying and have dependants included on your application, you must make appointments for them at the same time as you make your own appointment.

The following people cannot be considered as part of your family group:
i) Persons over the age of 18
ii) Other relatives making a separate application in another category

If the application you are submitting is a biometric application you must attend the appointment as a family group.

Doubt:

I am very confused about this over 18 clause. My wife is on dependant T1 visa and she is offcourse over the age of 18. Can not I include her in my appointment??

Also can someone please tell what option to choose for Tier 1G Extension? Is it Tier 1/5 Biometric Option or something else ?

sam02052008
Newly Registered

Re: PEO for Tier 1G Extension

Post by sam02052008 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:57 am

Yes it is "Tier 1/5 Biometric Option" for Tier 1 general appointment. About family group, i agree its really a confusion. I have already booked appointment for me and my 3 years old daughter but didn't include my wife due to this confusion. And still waiting for some one's reply on this. As I have heard if you add any one over 18 years, you would not be able to see any appointments online even they are available. I tried that and unfortunately it is true. Then I removed my wife's details and immediately seen available appointment. May be it is by chance but this happened to me. Please see below link for same kind of issue.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 710#462710

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 am

akash08 wrote:i) Persons over the age of 18
Refers to children who were under 18 when issued current leave but now are over 18 at the time of (this) application.

See Booking PEO appointment online for in-person application(s)

regards

sam02052008
Newly Registered

Post by sam02052008 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am

Many Thanks for explaining this.

As I have already booked an appointment with me and my daughter. Would you suggest to cancel this and book again incliding my wife??? Getting appointment is a long process itself. OR would you suggest getting another appointment for my wife on another day? OR should I post her application after I get my documents back?

Can I call UKBA and ask them to add my wife to same appointment by telling them that there was confusion on their website about 18 years overs?

Again thanks for clearing all this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

If you book a "separate" appointment for you wife on a different date, she will have to apply as an "applicant" herself rather than be included in your application as a dependant, and therefore will have to pay higher fees.
sam02052008 wrote:Can I call UKBA and ask them to add my wife to same appointment by telling them that there was confusion on their website about 18 years overs?
If they can amend the appointment on the phone, no harm in trying to get this done. Saves you time, money and effort!

regards

sam02052008
Newly Registered

Post by sam02052008 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks again for quick response.

I have called UKBA now and I have been told that I have to cancel my appointment and book again including my wife. I have already booked this with much difficulty so I will check the fee now and then decide to send my wife's application by post afterwards or cancel my this appointment and book another one including all of us.

Any ideas how transitional arrangements will affect existing Tier 1 people from April 2011.

Many Thanks again...