ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No decision at same day service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sola123
Newly Registered

delay in my tier 1(general)visas

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 am

Pls i need ur advice my good people.i applied for tier 1 general visa through a PEO officer at Crydon the feb1 ,2011 and i did the biometric same day.i received a letter dated on the feb 02,2011 and it was stated in the later dt the application is valid but ve been passed to some team to make enquiries about my application.Pls what should i do?

lanr3e

Re: delay in my tier 1(general)visas

Post by lanr3e » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 am

sola123 wrote:Pls i need ur advice my good people.i applied for tier 1 general visa through a PEO officer at Crydon the feb1 ,2011 and i did the biometric same day.i received a letter dated on the feb 02,2011 and it was stated in the later dt the application is valid but ve been passed to some team to make enquiries about my application.Pls what should i do?
Did you apply as self employed? If that's the case, further checks are normally made by UKBA to satisfy themselves that you are self employed...These checks vary from enquiries with HMRC to varifying your the transactions on your invoice(s) and client(s). This can take some time to complete.

sola123
Newly Registered

t

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

yes i applied as self-employed with my earnings for a yr in uk.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 am

As suggested above, wait for the decision (on your application) to be made.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

tier

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 am

thanks all

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 pm

pls need ur avice.i have wedding next week saturday in my country and my passport is at HO crydon.should i apply for emergency travel certificate or i shld do d weddin in absential?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm

If you request for an "emergency travel document" from the embassy of your country and one is issued to you, you may be able to travel out of UK but will not be able to re-enter UK (no visa).

And with your passport with UKBA and you out of UK on an "emergency travel document" - may be in breach of UK immigration laws (and perhaps your country's too)! Check!

If you wish your spouse to live with you in the UK as a dependant .. for which she will need an entry clearance ... suggest you read the following links for more information regarding validity of marriages in "unusual circumstances" (e.g. - marriage in absentia).
SET3.14 Assesment of validity of marriage
SET3.17 Marriage by telephone
SET3.18 Marriage by proxy.

IMHO, postponing the wedding until after your application has been decided and you have received your passport back may be a sensible option, if possible.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

my wife has gotten dependant visa already?

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:51 pm

the date is too closed for the wedin to be postponed and also im a christian though i went to my country last yr june for the court marriage but my wife and her parents inisisted on doin d wedding.what shld i do?

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

sola123 wrote:the date is too closed for the wedin to be postponed and also im a christian though i went to my country last yr june for the court marriage but my wife and her parents inisisted on doin d wedding.what shld i do?
You can either
1) Get the marriage postponed till such a date you know you will be available to travel
or
2) If you are switching from work permit to tier 1G and if your leave is still valid, withdraw your application and re-apply when you get back - it may help speed up the decision thou.
or
3)Make a request for your application to be treated urgently by writing to HO giving details of your application - it may not be possible to treat it any quicker if enquiries are still on-going.
or
4) Wait a couple of more days and hope that a favourable decision is made asap

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

1. What immigration category were you in before you applied for leave to remain as Tier 1 (General) migrant?
2. What is the expiry date on the your current visa?

If your dependant is in the UK, please answer above questions for him/her too.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm

The issue is dt she is pregnant and before the pregnancy bursts out we want to do bcos as in christian stuff.so if it is postponed,we cnt go to church den and also my parents' wife has spent a lot.Weddin cards ve been printed out to many people.wat shld i do?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm

What should you do will depend on the answers you provide to questions asked of you.

So, for you own benefit, please answer the question(s)!

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 pm

tier 1 post study and visa expires on feb 05 ,2012.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

sola123 wrote:tier 1 post study and visa expires on feb 05 ,2012.
Given that you are yet to request for withdrawal of application, there is no way that you are going to get your passport back before your wedding on the Saturday of next week (05/03/2011) ... with only 6 working days left to that date.

Options:
1. If you are not concerned with the validity of your marriage in the UK, go ahead and wed "in absentia / by proxy / by telephone / etc.) as long as such marriage is legal in the country of your citizenship and in that of your spouse's.
2. If you are concerned with the validity of your marriage as per UK laws, then postpone your wedding.

How long you (or your spouse's family) may wish to postpone the wedding may then dictate whether you should withdraw your application or let it sit with UKBA for final decision.

Do remember that no one can tell you when a decision can be arrived at on your application - it may be within a week .... or it may take 6 months .... no one knows or can advise.

If there is no way out but to get married before your child is born, then postpone the wedding by a weeks / a month or so, withdraw the application and request your passports back, travel to home country, get married, return to UK before 06-Apr-11 on Tier 1 (PSW) leave valid until Feb 2012, and then apply for Tier 1 (General) before it closes on 06-Apr-11.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 pm

withdrawin d application,dont u fink is risky bcos enquiries ve been goin on and also is it in their rule dt i can withdraw the case wen they are enquire about an application?need ur advise pls.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

You can withdraw your application if and when you wish to.

Any new application submitted in future will be assessed on the merits of that (new) application and the fact that an earlier application was withdrawn should have no bearing on the assessment / result / decision of the new application.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

But it will take a longer tim to get my pasport.bcos my weddin is nxt week?and also my fear is dt withdrawin the application can take it much longer for the application to be processed.may be i will do it in absential but i found it painfu?pls what is ur take on ds pls?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Unfortunately, you acted without planning and are now bearing the consequences.

I (personally) do not have anything further (of value) to suggest in response to your queries, other than what I have already suggested.

Please wait for others to respond / suggest, if they wish to.

regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 pm

ow pls?bcos i told my wife dt we shld do it here in uk or peradventure we should do registry stuff and forget it bcos wen i travelled to my country last june and wat we did is more of weddin.But her parents caused it.i planned it but her and her parents told me dey want the church weddin and der is nofin i can do bcos i ve already told dem dt after the extension stuff ,we can nw fink abt the wedding.even my parents travelled down to my wife's parent to tell dem specifically about the extension stuff but dey insisted on choosin the said date.bcos i ddnt chose the date but the parent's wife chose the date.need ur advise pls?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 pm

A fact:
sushdmehta wrote:
sola123 wrote:tier 1 post study and visa expires on feb 05 ,2012.
Given that you are yet to request for withdrawal of application, there is no way that you are going to get your passport back before your wedding on the Saturday of next week (05/03/2011) ... with only 6 working days left to that date.
So, what option do you have but to postpone your wedding ... unless you want to risk your marriage being deemed as "unlawful" according to UK laws. Again, already suggested above!

Can I or anyone else - other than you / your family / your partner / your partner's family - dictate how or when you should get married?

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 pm

thanks man.

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

i cnt postpone it.it is bera to do it in absential.bcos i cnt risk it collectin emergency travel certificate.will wait in uk till i get my passport or it depends on what my family's wife say.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 pm

i think you got a lot of good and realistic advice already. you know you have a tough choice to make and only you can make it.

and it's very childish to blame this on your parents in law. you are a grown man, right?

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 pm

k o.uhmmm