ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport countersignatory for child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sywahu

UK Passport countersignatory for child

Post by sywahu » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:09 pm

I have filled in the app forms. and am thinking of using my boss as the countersignatory.

I am going to sign seciton 9 and the guides (http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/passport_countersign.asp) say that if its for a child, section 10 confirms the identity of the person mentioned in section 9. thats all ok.

I have got a few questions:

1 - My problem is that the boss knows I have children but he hasn't seen them. He can confirm my details but he can't sign the back of my children's photo for "true likeness". Is this required? I can't see anywhere that the child's photo also has to be confirmed like this....

2 - If I am signing section 9 as the father, do I need to send my passport in as well? (I am told no by PO this morning but 10 months ago, they said yes!!!)

Thanks.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 pm

I called again and now they want my passport as well!!! :shock:

(there is a separate thread on this one as well but posting it for everyone's information)

And they have confirmed that I "don't need to provide grandparents details if section 5 is filled in".

Section 4, i.e. parents details is now mandatory in all cases.

such a simple process and how amazingly confusing they have made it.

basis

Re: UK Passport countersignatory for child

Post by basis » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:40 pm

sywahu wrote:I have filled in the app forms. and am thinking of using my boss as the countersignatory.

I am going to sign seciton 9 and the guides (http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/passport_countersign.asp) say that if its for a child, section 10 confirms the identity of the person mentioned in section 9. thats all ok.

I have got a few questions:

1 - My problem is that the boss knows I have children but he hasn't seen them. He can confirm my details but he can't sign the back of my children's photo for "true likeness". Is this required? I can't see anywhere that the child's photo also has to be confirmed like this....

2 - If I am signing section 9 as the father, do I need to send my passport in as well? (I am told no by PO this morning but 10 months ago, they said yes!!!)

Thanks.
Answer to both questions is 'Yes'

You need to send your passport and get the child's photo countersigned. Get it frm you GP etc. In my case I had to do both and was in a hurry to get back my own passport as I had to travel etc.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 pm

thank basis.

but does that mean the person signing section 10 has to confirm the "true likeness" at the back of the photo for the child as well?

or I can have my manager fill in section 10 and the GP do the photo attestations?

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:09 pm

sywahu wrote:thank basis.

but does that mean the person signing section 10 has to confirm the "true likeness" at the back of the photo for the child as well?
Yes it has to be the same person.

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi ya

could you please tell me what documents I need to send with my child's passport application.

we are applying british passport for her since we both are ILR holders when she was born, my wife and I are indian nationals.

I called the UKPS and they didn't tell me anything about documents that needs to be sent.

can someone help?

thanks
SubChand

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:27 pm

1. Birth Certificate

2. passports to show ILR
Where there is a will there is a way.

basis

Post by basis » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:29 pm

It is mentioned on the passport application form. As I remember the documents you need to send are your / wife's passport, long birth certificate of the child, photos (signed by countersignatory), application form duly filled in and signed by yourself /wife and countersignatory. Of course the requisite fees. i had also sent the ILR grant letter.

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:43 pm

thank you for your replies. Is that enough if I send my wife's passport alone not my passport. As I am planning to apply for BC in next few days and I dont want my indian passport struck with UKPS.

thanks
Subchand

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:55 pm

thank you for your replies. Is that enough if I send my wife's passport alone not my passport. As I am planning to apply for BC in next few days and I dont want my indian passport struck with UKPS.

Your wife's passport with the child's birth certificate is fine. In fact if you have the home office letter giving her ILR you can send that instead of her passport - I did this when i applied for my child's passport in a similar situation as it is a lot less scary than having a passport floating around the mail system.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:57 am

you of course need to send the certificate of registration as a british citizen for the child as well.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:17 am

sywahu wrote:you of course need to send the certificate of registration as a british citizen for the child as well.
Not true. SubChand1's daughter was born after Mrs and Mrs SubChand1 gained indefinite leave to remain. She is therefore a British citizen automatically at birth, and not in need of registration by the Home Office.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:09 am

Ah! yes thats correct its not required if child is born after ILR. missed that one.

in my case i had to get them registered.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:38 pm

I told my boss about the problem with him signing the photos with "true likeness..." for the kids. We decided to do it anyway since he has seen a few pictures and it didn't seem that big a deal to him since he could recognise them.

I still think I should be using GP or something as basis has suggested.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 pm

I used my GP for my ILR, Citizenship and Passport Applications

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:09 am

Hi there
I am now filling my daughters passport application form and have the following questions,could some one advice me please.

1. Title--should that be 'Baby' XXXX or Ms.XXXX
2. Grand parent details. Do I have to supply these, my wife and I are born before 1982 in India and married.

Please advice.

Thank you
SubChand

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:16 pm

1. Ms

2. Definitely not. The passport office and the post office have confirmed this for me.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:24 pm

received the passports today :D