ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benefits im claiming

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benefits im claiming

Post by 2036789 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

i am a british orn citizen my wife is a pakistani national on a 2 year settltement visa:

1)i am getting child benefits on my name,

2)my job seekers allowance is £65 a week( amount that a single person normally gets as i undertand i cant claim as a couple until my wife has indefinate, is this correct?

3)i made a joint claim for child tax credit ist tha okay?

Also does the maternity exemptopn cert come under public funds, i need a definate answer to tis as im getting mixed opinions on threads i have read?
MM

syeda29
Newly Registered

Re: benefits im claiming

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am

2036789 wrote:i am a british orn citizen my wife is a pakistani national on a 2 year settltement visa:

2)my job seekers allowance is £65 a week( amount that a single person normally gets as i undertand i cant claim as a couple until my wife has indefinate, is this correct?

Also does the maternity exemptopn cert come under public funds, i need a definate answer to tis as im getting mixed opinions on threads i have read?
best bet is ask your walefare rights they can help you,my aunty had 2 years indefinate stay and claimed,but it can jeprodize your wifes settlement as its stated no public fund if home office checks

Post by 2036789 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm

she had two years indefinate or settlement visa at the time
MM

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

2036789 wrote:she had two years indefinate or settlement visa at the time
2 years indefinate stay far as im aware but her partner did claim benifit for her but advice is not to claim,he took her abroad during that 2 year and messed her application up,stayed over 6 month SO HO didnt grant her leave to remain as they found out he claimed benifit etc..and was traveling abroad for a long period,she had to make fresh application , if you got kids claim childtax but make it clear its a joint claim but you wish to makesure they pay u single rate for you and your children,u make it clear she isnt allowed to claim public funding,even if they say you can claim dont,my best advice is from experience get the form filled in by walefare rights,explaining even though its a joint claim you wish not to recieve payment for missus,GDLUCK

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:04 pm

syeda29 wrote:
2 years indefinate stay far as im aware but her partner did claim benifit for her but advice is not to claim,he took her abroad during that 2 year and messed her application up,stayed over 6 month SO HO didnt grant her leave to remain as they found out he claimed benifit etc..and was traveling abroad for a long period,she had to make fresh application , if you got kids claim childtax but make it clear its a joint claim but you wish to makesure they pay u single rate for you and your children,u make it clear she isnt allowed to claim public funding,even if they say you can claim dont,my best advice is from experience get the form filled in by walefare rights,explaining even though its a joint claim you wish not to recieve payment for missus,GDLUCK
IL GIVE YOU A NUMBER COUCILLOUR KHATUN shes shes gt the answer to your question as she deals with immigration advisery 01215576766

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:06 pm

call ASHA PROJECT its based in tipton 01215576766 ask for coucillour khatun and tell her your phoning from london you need immigration advice shes deals with these problem and helps the community with immigration advice and benifits
Last edited by syeda29 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 pm

syeda29 wrote:
syeda29 wrote:
syeda29 wrote:
2 years indefinate stay far as im awaree] IL GIVE YOU A NUMBER COUCILLOUR KHATUN shes shes gt the answer to your question as she deals with immigration advisery ASHA PROJECT 01215576766 type it in the internet asha project tipton muslim centre dy4
let me know if it helps

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: benefits im claiming

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:23 pm

2036789 wrote:i am a british orn citizen my wife is a pakistani national on a 2 year settltement visa:

As a British Citizen you are allowed to claim any benefits that you are entitled to but cannot have additional recourse to public funds due to your wife's presence in the UK whilst she doesnt have recourse to public funds. You are however able to make a joint claim for tax credits.

The benefits you are claiming e.g. CTC, CB and single persons JSA are therefore fine.

By maternity exemption certificate - I assume you mean exemption from prescription charges? It is fine for her to claim this. it is not classed as a public funds.

See the following document

Public Funds Guidance