ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in the company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anul

Change in the company

Post by anul » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Dear All, Please advice about a complicated issue. I am working for a company who has 5 different brands of the business but the business models are same. Currently I am working for one of the brand “Aâ€

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 pm

if the company is same,

and job title is same....

and job salary is same....

then you are not changing employment!

... unless someone else see flaw in my logic

anul

Post by anul » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 pm

As I said I am working for one brand but moving to another brand in where the parent company is same. Not sure if this will be considered a fresh application or not.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

You need to understand the difference between a "brand" and an "employer / sponsor". A brand of the company doesn't sponsor migrants, the company (employer) does.

Or are you using the word "brand" to refer to something else? - that the members cannot, understandably, figure out?

regards

harris_1980
Newly Registered

Post by harris_1980 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 pm

perhaps you can have your HR write a note to you confirming that you will still maintain similar details of your employment status despite being in charge of "different brands" from time to time (are you, by any chance, a freelance assassin or contract killer?)

if they turn out to be wrong, you will be deported, but at least you can sue them for negligence?