ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Weeks extension for a PSW holder!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angelica

2 Weeks extension for a PSW holder!

Post by Angelica » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 am

A Pal of mine is a post study worker. She cannot get a job so she use dthe chance to be studying again.

Her Visa will be expiring in June but 14 days earlier than her exam. She want to leave UK after her exam but she needs just 2 weeks to finish her exam.

What is the best way to approach this?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:55 am

She should either switch in country to remain under tier 4 or if she would struggle with the the maintenance funds requirement could return home during university holidays and apply for a student visit visa. It is not possible to extend leave under psw.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:02 am

Greenie wrote:She should either switch in country to remain under tier 4 or if she would struggle with the the maintenance funds requirement could return home during university holidays and apply for a student visit visa. It is not possible to extend leave under psw.
Point based system is NONSENSE.

Many years ago, i have seen a visitor extending here in UK.

It is just to fill form ) and send it with a covering letter.

Cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 am

You can't extend as a visitor in country either.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 am

Greenie wrote:You can't extend as a visitor in country either.
No sir!

You cant switch by extend based on a very strong circumstances e.g sickness.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:44 pm

The fact is that Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended (for any reason). So, either you can follow the suggestion offered by Greenie or, if you wish to, may remain in the UK beyond the expiry date of your current leave - and become an overstayer.

Do note that staying in the UK for more than 28 days as an overstayer may affect any future entry clearance application(s) you make.

If you make an "invalid" application in the hope of extending your "legal" stay, you will not be covered by section 3c leave and will not be given the right to appeal a refusal, and therefore you'll still be an overstayer from the date of expiry of your current leave (and not from the day your invalid application is refused).

regards

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
1) The fact is that Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended (for any reason). So, either you can follow the suggestion offered by Greenie or, if you wish to, may remain in the UK beyond the expiry date of your current leave - and become an overstayer.

Do note that staying in the UK for more than 28 days as an overstayer may affect any future entry clearance application(s) you make.

2) If you make an "invalid" application in the hope of extending your "legal" stay, you will not be covered by section 3c leave and will not be given the right to appeal a refusal, and therefore you'll still be an overstayer from the date of expiry of your current leave (and not from the day your invalid application is refused).

regards
1) Thanks, i will pass the info to her.

2) I believe this is a mix-up.

cheers

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 pm

I think you should make a valid application, pay by cheque and then withdraw the application after 7 days!!

Hopefully, it should work out as your friend only wants extra 14 days!!!!

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 am

tall_funky wrote:I think you should make a valid application, pay by cheque and then withdraw the application after 7 days!!

Hopefully, it should work out as your friend only wants extra 14 days!!!!
Thats very good. I will pass it across.