ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cofusion about HSBC ability to give proper statement and HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maakosya
Newly Registered

Cofusion about HSBC ability to give proper statement and HO

Post by maakosya » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Guys! I know there are plenty of kind of the same posts, but I am still confused after reading almost all posts about bank statements problems.
I got appointment in person for PSW on 9th of march. My University papers and letter are dated 10th of February. I started to keep my 800 pounds on my Flex saver HSBC account on 6th of October. I have ordered my official bank statement but it shows only up to 6th of January. I called HSBC today they said that I can order statement from 6th of January till end of February on 1st of march. It will take 5 days to receive them so hopefully I will got the last statement before 9th of march. If statement will not come on time what should i do? HSBC refuse to stamp printed statements and they do not provide any letters anymore. As I was told it is their official policy.
Do I need to show my balance for HO up to 8th of March? Ohhh I am so confused. Any ideas?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:25 pm

your statement must be printed within a calendar month(i.e 30 days) from 9th of March. so 9th feb (or there abouts, count the days!)

it should be evident from the statement that you kept funds for 90 days.

one way to show that is have a transaction e.g ATM withdrawal at the end of 90 day period.

caseworker would look at your statement and try to ascertain that you kept money in your account for 90 days.

can you not ask them to send you a statement from x date till today?

cheers

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi,

the bank statement is valid if it is dated within 1 month from date of application. So for your appointment on March 09th you can show bank statements until 08th/09th February. The 90 consecutive days fund maintenance is from the last statment which is not older than 1 month.

Your statement should reach in 5 working days. i do have bank with HSBC and almost all the times it arrives promptly. Call HSBC straight away and request for up-to-date statement and you should be alright