ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we really need a National Insurance ID Card ???

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prisat
Member of Standing

Do we really need a National Insurance ID Card ???

Post by prisat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:27 pm

I have the NI Number... But i have lost the id card ( I have not even seen what it looks like.. But my friend lost my card, as he was the one who had my card becos of the address that i gave while registering when i entered UK and i moved to a different place when i got work and NI card arrived after i moved out. Since then he had it with him, But when he shifted his room, he lost mine....)
:oops:
Is it good enough to just have the NI Number ???

OR

Should i be having the ID card ?? I know it can be replaced once... (iam not sure what the logic behind replacing it once is). But if the ID card is not needed and just the NI number is good enough, then i dont wish to apply for replacement.

Any appropriate advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 am

syeda29
Newly Registered

Re: Do we really need a National Insurance ID Card ???

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am

indianinworld wrote:I have the NI Number... But i have lost the id card ( I have not even seen what it looks like.. But my friend lost my card, as he was the one who had my card becos of the address that i gave while registering when i entered UK and i moved to a different place when i got work and NI card arrived after i moved out. Since then he had it with him, But when he shifted his room, he lost mine....)
:oops:
Is it good enough to just have the NI Number ???

OR

Should i be having the ID card ?? I know it can be replaced once... (iam not sure what the logic behind replacing it once is). But if the ID card is not needed and just the NI number is good enough, then i dont wish to apply for replacement.

Any appropriate advise on this would be greatly appreciated.
im british lost my national insurance card when i was 19 its not important to have it far as im concerned as long as you memorise the number for your use,but its best if you got any immigration issues to keep it in your pocket