ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU husband of EEA can get job seekers allowance?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

Non EU husband of EEA can get job seekers allowance?

Post by Estera » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

hi

Im EEA recently my husband who is non EU joined me here on EEA family permit we will apply soon for his EEA2

my question is he is looking for work while he does it would he be able to get job seekers allowance ?can he apply for this benefit? he worked before in UK and got his NIN but I'm not sure if EEA family members are subject to no recourse to public funds?

many thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm

EEA family members must be treated the same as EEA nationals (Article 24 of the Directive).

keloid

Post by keloid » Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 am

86ti wrote:EEA family members must be treated the same as EEA nationals (Article 24 of the Directive).
sorry to bring up an old thread - but if a non-EU citizen goes on Job seekers prior to submitting an EEA2 application - would this work against him/her in their EEA2 application?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri May 18, 2012 10:12 am

On what basis is the Eea national exercising treaty rights?