ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Needs to Register a Child as British Citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbi
Newly Registered

Documents Needs to Register a Child as British Citizen

Post by abbi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:38 pm

Dear Forum members

I was Granted ILR on 1st March 2006 from HO Croydon. while I was on WP since March 2001.

We had a son born in July 2004, while I was on WP. I know at that time as our Status was not British or ILR we cannot apply for his Regristration.

While Reading this Froum I came to know that we ( my wife and I) had to wait for 1 Year after ILR but but our son who born here in UK. can apply for his regristration now. he dont need to wait for 1 year.

I have downloaded the MN1 Form from. Just want to know which of the Documents Needed to be send to Liverpool for his regristration.

Please If someone done this before Let me know. Weather we have to send Orignal passport of both of them I means both parents as Child hold his Own country passports as well which is endosed ILR when we granted the ILR.

Thanks in Advance

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:25 pm

1. Full British Birth Certificate

2. evidence of ILR for mother (in case you are not married) or just ILR for Father if married (it has to be the passport)

3. £200
Where there is a will there is a way.