ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

difference between academic transcript and reference

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sourabhgandhi
Newly Registered

difference between academic transcript and reference

Post by sourabhgandhi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:04 am

Hi,

Please explain a basic difference between an original academic transcript and original academic reference?

do i require both separate certificates even if they both have a same information? PLEASE HELP ASAP

-> The original academic reference must be on the official headed paper of the awarding

institution and clearly show:

your name; and

the title of award; and

the date of award, confirming that it has been/will be awarded; and

-> The original academic transcript must be on the official paper of the awarding institution

and must clearly show:

. your name; and

. the name of the academic institution; and

the course title; and

confirmation of the award.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Academic reference is a 1-page letter confirming the info stated in your post.

Academic transcript can be several pages, showing every term/semester/trimester you were enrolled, courses you took and the grade for each course. At the top, it will have a few lines stating your name, degree awarded etc.

sourabhgandhi
Newly Registered

Post by sourabhgandhi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:26 pm

bani wrote:Academic reference is a 1-page letter confirming the info stated in your post.

Academic transcript can be several pages, showing every term/semester/trimester you were enrolled, courses you took and the grade for each course. At the top, it will have a few lines stating your name, degree awarded etc.
from where i can get these? from my college or from my university??

sourabhgandhi
Newly Registered

Post by sourabhgandhi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:50 pm

bani wrote:Academic reference is a 1-page letter confirming the info stated in your post.

academic transcript is MARKSHEETS? :\