ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship and Indian property

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukukukuk2011

British citizenship and Indian property

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Guys ,

I need some advice ...

Back home In india i come from a family with lots of land properties .
I did not really care about this . But after my british citizenship applycation , i am bit worried .

The problem is i was expecting my dad to pass me properties which will be in the city but unfortunately 60 % of what i inherit is agricultural properties . The paper works is yet to be done . But i was talking to my dad if i can get the non-agricultural lands if possible as Indian rule says that OCI cannot own agricultural lands .

I would have let it go if was bit of land but this 60% i am getting is worth almost a fortune as this is in Bangalore which is a lucrative city in india and the value of it is very lucrative ...

My other siblings are not agreeing to me doing that .I understand their stand . But what will happen to the agricultural land once i become british citizen ..Anybody gone through this situation ....

I cant imagine loosing that ... :oops:

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 am

As per the Indian law

Person who has OCI can able to inherit the agricultural properties but cannot buy.

In your case it should be fine

hope this helps

K

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks a lot buddy . That was helpful ..
Inverness_Krishna wrote:As per the Indian law

Person who has OCI can able to inherit the agricultural properties but cannot buy.

In your case it should be fine

hope this helps

K