ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Date of Departure

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leotam
Newly Registered

Proof of Date of Departure

Post by leotam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi there,

I will apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the grounds of Long residence of 10 years.

I was looking at the application form SET (O) , which asks for the Dates of Departure and Arrival for each absence from the UK.
I double checked my passport and realized the UK custom only stamp on my Date of Arrival everytime, but never on the Date of Department.

As the country that I visited the most during the last 10 years, Hong Kong, does not stamp on your Date of Arrival either.

So how do I check my all previous Dates of Departure from the UK?
Anyone help please ?>

joh118

Re: Proof of Date of Departure

Post by joh118 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:42 pm

leotam wrote:Hi there,

I will apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the grounds of Long residence of 10 years.

I was looking at the application form SET (O) , which asks for the Dates of Departure and Arrival for each absence from the UK.
I double checked my passport and realized the UK custom only stamp on my Date of Arrival everytime, but never on the Date of Department.

As the country that I visited the most during the last 10 years, Hong Kong, does not stamp on your Date of Arrival either.

So how do I check my all previous Dates of Departure from the UK?
Anyone help please ?>
I assume you used your HKID when you entered Hk?

In which case, the authorities there may have an electronic record of entry to hong kong. You should try to find out if that data is available.

leotam
Newly Registered

Post by leotam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Good point, thanks, will work on that.

Any other advices anyone please ?

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Personally, I bought most of my flights online so I had an email record of departures/arrivals. I could also access my past flights with the airline or mileage program. For instance, if you flew with Cathay, you can check your Asia Miles statements/online account.

Good luck.

leotam
Newly Registered

Post by leotam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:43 pm

thanks bani

Anyone knows if I need to enclose any PROOF of Date of Departure with the ILR application ?? or will they ask for any proof ?

or just need to fill in the dates in the application form ?

thanks a lot

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 pm

leotam wrote:thanks bani

Anyone knows if I need to enclose any PROOF of Date of Departure with the ILR application ?? or will they ask for any proof ?

thanks a lot
No proof needed, just fill in the dates. They will look at your passport and try to see from there if what you wrote matches the stamps. Frankly, it's not a great method. I suppose if they have doubts, they will ask you for proof, but in the experience of many I know, this has never happened.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 pm

leotam wrote:thanks bani

thanks a lot
IMHO I would supply ANY relevant evidence of dates of departure from UK. The 18 month requirement is quite strict these days and you will need proof. Or any evidence that you were present and resident in the UK during period that there was no stamp can be helpful.