ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Compay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash8
BANNED

Switching Compay

Post by Ash8 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

1. Is it legal to be without work for the time period of switching the visa from Company A to Company B? Resigned from Company A and have a CoS from company B and sent application for Tier2 for Company B. I do understand the risk of tier2 visa rejection.

2. It is illegal to start for Company B till the visa is stamped but we can continue working for Comapny A while our application is with Home office for issue of visa from Company B. Please correct me.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Switching Compay

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Ash8 wrote:1. Is it legal to be without work for the time period of switching the visa from Company A to Company B? Resigned from Company A and have a CoS from company B and sent application for Tier2 for Company B. I do understand the risk of tier2 visa rejection.

If you stop working for your current employer, than your sponsor MUST notify UKBA and they might curtail your leave to 60 days, if more than 6 months left on your current leave or will do nothing if the leave is less than 6 months.

You can't work for any other employer during this period as your previously issued COS is expired!

2. It is illegal to start for Company B till the visa is stamped but we can continue working for Comapny A while our application is with Home office for issue of visa from Company B. Please correct me.

yes, it is illegal because your permission to work for new employer has not been granted yet (in other words they are in the process to make a decision whether to allow you to work for new employer or not)

PS. by the way, you might wanna try rephrasing your question as it is very confusing