ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposed fee increases from 06-Apr-2011

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Proposed fee increases from 06-Apr-2011

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Wow ... £1800 for the dependant relative settlement visa ... nice!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Stickey Plz!

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

fees

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

This is utter madness. Home office gone crazy and its not fair.
ILR PEO application with 3 dependents will cost £3375.
Someone has to do something. They just increased the fee in Nov last year, how many time they will increase in one year. This is mad.

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

One might think they're trying to get rid of us - oh wait - they are :)

tara55
BANNED

Re: fees

Post by tara55 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:This is utter madness. Home office gone crazy and its not fair.
ILR PEO application with 3 dependents will cost £3375.
Someone has to do something. They just increased the fee in Nov last year, how many time they will increase in one year. This is mad.
it is not fair mate......... they are making it too difficult for people like us. how can we afford it ?

horsehorse
Newly Registered

Post by horsehorse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 pm

The government is becoming crazy. Some fees are actually five,six times of the real cost!!
for examples
ILR PEO Main real cost £243, but the fee £1,350

How can we fight it?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 pm

horsehorse wrote:The government is becoming crazy. Some fees are actually five,six times of the real cost!!
for examples

How can we fight it?
In addition they will increase the fee for dependents. They don't do much with dependents application anyway, majority of checks are done on main applicants application. why they will charge £675 for ILR dependent. Its wrong.

@horsehorse/@tara55 - I am not sure what to do. But i will write a letter to Immigration minister/Human rights select committee/UKBA, immigration organisations and newspapers.

I am furious after reading this news. It seems govt would like to squeeze every drop of our blood.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 am

oh my maybe its better if we live in europe

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 am

The Tory is shameless now. In their eyes, we are just a piece of meat.

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 am

Fees don't reflect costs of processing paperwork, but the govt policy on immigration.

Consider them a tax on immigrants.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 am

Whenever they are "efficency" savings to be made, ordinary people will have to make up for shortcuts ( in the forms of exacebatted fees for the pleasure of living in this country)

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 am

They are making HO a money making business. There approach is to take out as much money as they can uptil neutralization when things will change and will other way round.

Mk2010
Newly Registered

Post by Mk2010 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:57 am

This is too much and unfair.

The last increase was less than 6 months ago!

I remember when I first came here as student, the visa was free.
Even ILR application was free before 2003.
Now what happen to this country? :o

I think I would start write to MP to block this increase in the parliament.

Or write petition to the Home Affair Committee to disagree with new proposed fee increase.

ilrdilemma
Newly Registered

Post by ilrdilemma » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

I called up the home office customer service to see why they are increasing the fee's now (especially when they had already done in Oct, 2010). They said that this is because of VAT increase, which seems fair enough.. :wink:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 pm

ilrdilemma wrote:I called up the home office customer service to see why they are increasing the fee's now (especially when they had already done in Oct, 2010). They said that this is because of VAT increase, which seems fair enough.. :wink:
That would make sense if the increase was only 2.5% across the categories ... which it isn't! "Fair reasoning"?

regards

Mk2010
Newly Registered

Post by Mk2010 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:30 pm

ilrdilemma wrote:I called up the home office customer service to see why they are increasing the fee's now (especially when they had already done in Oct, 2010). They said that this is because of VAT increase, which seems fair enough.. :wink:
This is utterly nonsense, the last time VAT decrease, I don't see a drop in the fee.
Plus, how would member of the public response if the VAT increase twice in 6 months?

:?

blay1

Post by blay1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
That would make sense if the increase was only 2.5% across the categories ... which it isn't! "Fair reasoning"?

regards
This is crazy i was forced to go to bed at 7pm last night when i read this news and was very moody towards my wife and kid. I can't believe this.There should be some consultation on this before it is increased.

jager

Post by jager » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

What is the new £300 "Additional out of hours case working" PEO fee? Does this mean if you apply in person and you're not granted it on the same day, you need to pay another £300 in addition to say £1350 for ILR?

And "Nationality Correction to Certificate" now costs £86. So if they make a mistake on the certificate, you have to pay them to fix their mistake?

horsehorse
Newly Registered

Post by horsehorse » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
horsehorse wrote:The government is becoming crazy. Some fees are actually five,six times of the real cost!!
for examples

How can we fight it?
In addition they will increase the fee for dependents. They don't do much with dependents application anyway, majority of checks are done on main applicants application. why they will charge £675 for ILR dependent. Its wrong.

@horsehorse/@tara55 - I am not sure what to do. But i will write a letter to Immigration minister/Human rights select committee/UKBA, immigration organisations and newspapers.

I am furious after reading this news. It seems govt would like to squeeze every drop of our blood.
This is absolutely a sort of discrimination to all newly coming immigrant! People in this country always talk about human right, justice, fairness, but where are our human right,justice, fairness?? We work/study hard, we pay tax, we can't get any benefit. What have they done for us? Continuously increase fees!! We have to unite together. We have to do something. We can write letters to local MP, Immigration minister/Human rights select committee/UKBA, immigration organisations and newspapers. In a word, we have to let the government hear our furious voice.

jager

Post by jager » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 pm

horsehorse wrote:What have they done for us?
They've let you live in their country.

And PEO appointments are going to become even more difficult to get, as EU applicants will pay £300 to have theirs handled in person.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

jager wrote:
horsehorse wrote:What have they done for us?
They've let you live in their country.
I don't think that's a valid point!!

Letting us live, does not mean that they will suck our blood for no reason!!!!!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:38 pm

horsehorse wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
for examples

How can we fight it?

This is absolutely a sort of discrimination to all newly coming immigrant! People in this country always talk about human right, justice, fairness, but where are our human right,justice, fairness?? We work/study hard, we pay tax, we can't get any benefit. What have they done for us? Continuously increase fees!! We have to unite together. We have to do something. We can write letters to local MP, Immigration minister/Human rights select committee/UKBA, immigration organisations and newspapers. In a word, we have to let the government hear our furious voice.
Guy's I think just writing letter's might not stop this Unfair treatment meted out to us by UKBA.

They are treating everyone(Tier1, Tier2 and Tier4) with contempt i.e making retrospective changes and expecting us to behave like a dumbo zombie's and accept whatever they throw at us.
(Just look at the fee increase. Is it fair??)

We need to form a group/organisation and defend our fair right.
It is possible, all we need is group effort and will-power to take it to the end.

What you guy's say??

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

tall_funky wrote:
horsehorse wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
for examples

How can we fight it?

Guy's I think just writing letter's might not stop this Unfair treatment meted out to us by UKBA.

They are treating everyone(Tier1, Tier2 and Tier4) with contempt i.e making retrospective changes and expecting us to behave like a dumbo zombie's and accept whatever they throw at us.
(Just look at the fee increase. Is it fair??)

We need to form a group/organisation and defend our fair right.
It is possible, all we need is group effort and will-power to take it to the end.

What you guy's say??
I agree with you.

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

If u guys don't want to pay the fees always go back or event go 2 another country. Only reason UK let u live here because It's good for UK