ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mandatory for the comapny to apply for TIER-2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

mandatory for the comapny to apply for TIER-2 dependent visa

Post by arihan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi All,

I am in Uk at present in TIER-2 visa which is sponsored by a british company. ( no Intra comapny transfer). I am going to get married and bring my wife in dependent visa.

So is it mandatory for my company here to process my wife's dependent visa or my wife can apply on her own.

i.e if I send all the documents to her then she can apply the visa on her own???

Cheers
Arihan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: mandatory for the comapny to apply for TIER-2 dependent

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:04 pm

arihan wrote:So is it mandatory for my company here to process my wife's dependent visa
Not until there is any such agreement between you and your employer (e.g. - one of the conditions listed in your employment terms and conditions).

See policy guidance on dependants of PBS migrants and Points-based system Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) - visa application guide.

regards

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Your wife can apply for dependent visa based on your T2 visa. In this case, you will have to fulfill the maintenance requirement i.e. showing x amount in your bank kept for last 90 days.

When employer sponsors dependent visa, a mere letter from them is good enough to score points in maintenance section.