ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to get husband French citizenship?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Is it possible to get husband French citizenship?

Post by bluecole2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:41 am

Hi
Thanks for reading

I'm due to marry my fiance soon. We live in England, and he's a non EEA citizen, although he hasn't got legal status here at the moment but we obviously plan to apply for resisdence card for him asap.

*However i'll like to know if it's possible for him to naturalise and become a French citizen since we'll be married.

*How long is the process likely to take and what else do you reckon we can do in other for him to get a French citizenship..

I very much look forward to your response.

Thanks in advance

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Are you French? If so, this is what you need to read:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2673.xhtml

In short, (bearing in mind nothing is really 'short and simple' with French administration)

1. You must be French at the time of marriage.
2. If you are residing abroad, then you and your spouse must have been married for a minimum of 5 years before your spouse can submit an application for French nationality.
3. Your spouse is going to have to submit a criminal background check for every country he's lived in for the last 10 years.
4. You'll have to submit evidence that you're a genuine couple, e.g. joint bank statements, rental agreements, etc.
5. Your spouse must be able to speak French.
6. Both you and your spouse must attend an interview at the embassy so they can evaluate your spouse's level of French and to determine whether your spouse's beliefs, values and 'morals' correspond to those of the French republic.