ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport surname change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vks

Passport surname change

Post by vks » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am

Summary:

I am on Tier1 General for the past 3 years and so does my dependants (wife and kid). My wife is now in India and her passport expires in 15 months.

She has her passport and visa with her last name as her father's. Since we are applying for a re-issue of her passport, we planned to change her last name to my First name and change of address.
(This is done for applying passport for my new born)

Question:

Will the surname change for my wife, on her passport, create problems when she travels back to UK? (Since her Visa has her surname as her father's first name and the passport will be with surname as my first name?)

P.S: The original passport will be handed back after the passport re-issue and she would be carrying it along with the new passport (with sure name changed)
Regards,
vks