ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 2nd Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Tier 1 2nd Extension

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am

Hi,

please advise for the 2nd extension of the tier 1 visa, will one need to qualify the same criteria as for 1st extension or the new/ current requirements will need to be fulfilled??

thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 am

yes, the same old criteria, try pbcalculator.

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

jimmymcad wrote:yes, the same old criteria, try pbcalculator.
so it will be just a matter of burning additional money towards application fees!! what is pbcalculator??

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

that is true, i have to do the second extension too, and just calculating the increased fee. Point Based Calculator, you should try from the Home Office website.

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:33 am

jimmymcad wrote:that is true, i have to do the second extension too, and just calculating the increased fee. Point Based Calculator, you should try from the Home Office website.
but for the second extension one will lose point for the age - wont they??

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am

ajay_mital_1 wrote:
jimmymcad wrote:that is true, i have to do the second extension too, and just calculating the increased fee. Point Based Calculator, you should try from the Home Office website.

That is true, we need to balance it using Salary or Qualification points

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:48 am

jimmymcad wrote:
ajay_mital_1 wrote:

That is true, we need to balance it using Salary or Qualification points
For me 2nd extension will be necessary if they extend ilr rule to 6 years but when i applied for the visa it was (and still is) 5 years, will i still need to aim for higher qualifications in order to compensate for the older age?? just to add.... i will be eligible for ilr in 2013 should they still keep 5 yrs criteria!!!

thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:52 am

No, degree is not a requirement, but some people are doing their masters along with it.

The same criteria will apply when you applied initially, If the time when you made your initial application, there were no masters degree rule, then you are pretty much ok with Bachelor's degree, you just need to see how much you can score in the salary points to qualify.

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am

jimmymcad wrote:No, degree is not a requirement, but some people are doing their masters along with it.

The same criteria will apply when you applied initially, If the time when you made your initial application, there were no masters degree rule, then you are pretty much ok with Bachelor's degree, you just need to see how much you can score in the salary points to qualify.
no you got me wrong sir, from "qualification" i meant general qualifying ability i.e salary, education etc.!

the thing critical for me is that WILL I NEED TO IMPROVE MY SALARY ETC in order to compensate lost points due to older age in the 2nd extension, which will be necessary if THEY change ilr rule to 6 yrs as oppose to 5 yrs requirements valid at the time of my initial application in 2009 (current).

hope i am clear this time!

thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 am

ajay_mital_1 wrote:
jimmymcad wrote:No, degree is not a requirement, but some people are doing their masters along with it.

no you got me wrong sir, from "qualification" i meant general qualifying ability i.e salary, education etc.!

the thing critical for me is that WILL I NEED TO IMPROVE MY SALARY ETC in order to compensate lost points due to older age in the 2nd extension, which will be necessary if THEY change ilr rule to 6 yrs as oppose to 5 yrs requirements valid at the time of my initial application in 2009 (current).

hope i am clear this time!

thanks
Yes you need to improve your salary inorder to qualify for extension if you are losing points.

No one knows yet whether ILR is going to be 6 years. HO has not published the complete gudiance note.

Tier 1 (General) migrants will need to score points against the same criteria as their last application as set out in Appendix A of the Immigration Rules;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... soi-tier2/

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks all.

Can anyone provide me with the Tier 1 general guidance notes for applications made on 1st july 2009..

thanks