ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr(m) Question regarding payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Flr(m) Question regarding payment

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 am

Hi people,

I don't know why but HO gives me grief with every single request I make in various different ways, I applied for FLR(M) on the 4th of February and received the acknowledgment letter last week but it was dated 7th February. Now they have not taken any money from my account to this date! Do you know if this is normal or do you know anyone that has been in a similar situation what should I do? Last thing I wasn't is them telling me we didn't take the payment for whatever reason and your visa is expired my visa expires on 31st march I want them to settle payment issues if any before that date guys please advice

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

payment is normally instant so it's odd they haven't withdrawn the funds. Without payment they won't look at your case.

If your current visa is expiring soon I would write to them with details of the application and request they take payment immediately. If for whatever reason the application is rejected and you wish to apply again you won't be able to as you be classed as an overstayer

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 pm

How did you pay for the application?

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

how did I pay? I thought this is your query? You tell me how you've made the payment. Options are credit card details on the application form or cheque.

Anyway, it doesn't matter - as long as you have provided them with a recognised form of payment they have specified then they should accept it.

Just go back to them and ask. Write a letter, complain, do something! Of course they have no obligation to accept payment immediately, but in my experience they do. Money first, visas (or rejections) next. Never the otherway

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I gave my card details in the application and I checked it no chance of it being incorrect what do you think guys? I should write to them? I did recieve an acknowledgment letter though help!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:21 am

1. Have you checked with your bank if a payment transaction was requested, and if one was made, when was it made and was it approved? If not approved, then why?
2. If bank confirms that no payment has been requested on your account, contact UKBA and enquire why the payment has not been requested. If they tell you if was requested but failed, asked them the reason (of failure), and do highlight that the bank has confirmed to you that no attempt has been made. If need be, request that the card number on which the payment request was attempted be verified with you.

regards

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Home office do not want to talk to me before the 14 weeks have expired the problem is i havent got the 14 weeks my visa is expiring end of this month and i am stuck why would they send me an acknowledgment letter and not deduct a payment after a whole month and 5 days this is just not acceptable all documents are to the standard required and i have solicitor too.. I am so much grief i cant explain