ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying on a HSMP visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gururao
Newly Registered

Studying on a HSMP visa

Post by Gururao » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:19 pm

Need to understand if we can study on a HSMP visa...

G

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Studying on a HSMP visa

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 pm

You certainly could. But you will get the problem when you want to extend it. They want you to be economically active, pay tax, NI contribution etc.

Pantaiema

Gururao wrote:Need to understand if we can study on a HSMP visa...

G

Gururao
Newly Registered

Post by Gururao » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:10 pm

But what if I get the extension and then pursue my education..guru

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:37 pm

If you are lucky to get extension, very probably you will only get 1 year extension instead of full extension (currently 3years). I know a case of a person who use their HSMP visa to study, and s/he only got 1 year extension. I think you have already understood the clear signal they have given to you. Probably they only give you a chance once and not twice.

In the above case s/he also show evidence that they s/he had been invited to several interviews and sufficient financial to support her/him self for at least 1year.

I do not understand the logic behind using HSMP visa to study. Study visa is very easy to get especially if you already get "definite" offer from a University and you doing doing a degree course. They like you to study in the UK because you will pay tutition fee 3-4 times higher then UK/EU people. Thus, you are sponsoring British Universities.

Pantaiema

Gururao wrote:But what if I get the extension and then pursue my education..guru
Last edited by pantaiema on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 am

Guys, HSMP is aimed to attract economically active people who contribute to UK economy. Of course you may parallel your study keeping yourself economically active.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

saurya_s

2 year HSMP and MBA

Post by saurya_s » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:02 am

Hi all,
Now the new HSMP is for 2 years, I was thinking of getting it and doing an one year MBA. So, say if I get HSMP in July 2006, go to education in sep2006, graduate in sep 2007. I will be back in the job in Oct 2007 and by the time my HSMp is for renewal, I would have 5/6 months of job? How will it go? I am currently on work permit which ends in June 2007 but I am thinking of replacing it with HSMP. Thanks for your suggestion.

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:17 am

I suppose the term economically active is quiet vague. Even if one does part-time and earns some money or keeps applying and attending inetrviews, its sufficient evidence for Home Office to consider the application for extention.

Further since one is doing full-time study, it shows that person is improving his skills to remain economically active. Its a point good enough to consider his extention, since the Highly skilled person is getting more skilled.

I suppose if one has done study and gets back to job market before applying for extention and shows sufficient proof of fund to sustain himself, that should be sufficient proof for home office to grant extention.

But thats just my take, we can't be sure unless we see an example. I was also cosidering to go for full-time study and I don't think I'll worry much about this because I think once I have a job before applying for extention I would be safe. I'm also planning to do some part-time job during my study to show that I was economically active anyway.

- ZINX