ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK to US

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

a12345
BANNED

UK to US

Post by a12345 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:41 am

Hi,

I have been a user or this website (visa section) for more than couple of years but never posted anything in this section so there goes the first one!

I am an engineer and wondering if it is worth considering (seriously) moving to US as UK job market and visa process getting more and more troublesome by day at the same time US is a better place to make more money for the same length of time! on the same token, how is Australia, Newzeland, middle east for considering!!

any views!!!

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Skills & Interest matter the most !!!!!! One thing to keep in mind is US & Middle east have lesser tax than australia or UK !! but standard of living is better in australia & US compared to other places you suggested.....

a12345
BANNED

Post by a12345 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:52 pm

godfatherdon wrote:Skills & Interest matter the most !!!!!! One thing to keep in mind is US & Middle east have lesser tax than australia or UK !! but standard of living is better in australia & US compared to other places you suggested.....

thanks i am a structural engineer and would welcome any suggestions from someone in the same industry and have had assessed and compared various pros and cons of working and living in these countries.

also how is working and living in countries like US, mid east and Australia when compared to living and working in the UK.

thanks