ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late police registration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dimadima
Newly Registered

Late police registration

Post by dimadima » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Guys,

I have a TIER 2 VISA and arrived in the UK in early July.

I have only registered with the police yesterday, and the guys were really angry because I did it very late.

Do you know if I will have problems if I apply for a new visa next year or if I would like to come back to the country once I have left the UK?

Do you have any exemples of late registred people who had problems with the home office because of this?

Thank you very much all.

dimadima
Newly Registered

Post by dimadima » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Anyone please?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:08 pm

very, very strictly speaking.... you have breached immigration law by not getting regisrered in the given time.

but you DID register voluntarily, i.e. noone was knocking at the door! so who knows how lenient caseworker would be when he sees that...

there is no point in hoping that caseworker would not spot it so it is ideal if you actually address the issue in your app... but on the flip side, if you do say that, then you are effectively admitting breaching immigration law so caseworker has no option but to refuse your app...

thats all my understanding and no im not a lawyer so treat this reply just as a guidance and seek legal help when you make new app. maybe they will come up with "plausible reason" which forced the delay in your police registration!!

cheers

navedkhane

Post by navedkhane » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:33 pm

dimadima wrote:Anyone please?
Does your entry clearance vignette state if police registration is necessary??

Andrey Simonov
Newly Registered

Post by Andrey Simonov » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 pm

navedkhane, how did it go in the end?

Anyone, please share examples like this, and what happened in the end