ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration related question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khatana
Newly Registered

Child registration related question

Post by khatana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi every one

I have some questions in regards with child registration, I hope I can get some response here..

I have ILR (granted: Nov 2010)
My wife has 2 years extension (granted: Dec 2010)
My 3 kids (4 years old, 2 years old, 7 months old) all have the same 2 years extension as my wife; their passports were sent along with their mother's dependants, all of them got their extensions on the Biometric cards.
All my childern were born in the UK. I have following questions:

Can I apply for my kids' citizenship/registration on the basis of my ILR? If I can then I have following fe questions.

Do they get a British passport after the application is successful?

Which forms do I use to make an application?

Can this application be made in person at one of the PEOs? I stay in Glasgow it would be easier for me to just go there and apply.

I'll very much appreciate any info in relation with my questions.

Khatana

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:34 pm

All my childern were born in the UK. I have following questions:

Can I apply for my kids' citizenship/registration on the basis of my ILR? Yes If I can then I have following fe questions.

Do they get a British passport after the application is successful? They can but you have to apply for one through the passport office.

Which forms do I use to make an application? MN1

Can this application be made in person at one of the PEOs? I stay in Glasgow it would be easier for me to just go there and apply. No. This is a citizenship issue and can be done through NCS which you have in Glasgow as well

khatana
Newly Registered

Post by khatana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Backer wrote:All my childern were born in the UK. I have following questions:

Can I apply for my kids' citizenship/registration on the basis of my ILR? Yes If I can then I have following fe questions.

Do they get a British passport after the application is successful? They can but you have to apply for one through the passport office.

Which forms do I use to make an application? MN1

Can this application be made in person at one of the PEOs? I stay in Glasgow it would be easier for me to just go there and apply. No. This is a citizenship issue and can be done through NCS which you have in Glasgow as well
Thanks a zillion for such a quick response...

One final clarification.. Do they get British passport after their MN1 naturalization application is successful? In other words, MN1 application is the 1st step and British passport application is the 2nd step?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:53 pm

after the child is registered as a British citizen you can make a separate application for a British passport for the child. It is not part of the MN1 application process.

khatana
Newly Registered

Post by khatana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Greenie wrote:after the child is registered as a British citizen you can make a separate application for a British passport for the child. It is not part of the MN1 application process.
Thank you for clarifying that for me.