ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijuvasishta
Newly Registered

hsmp extension

Post by vijuvasishta » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:55 am

i have a hsmp rite now and i have to apply for extension before aug 19th this year as it expires on 19th aug, i have a job contract which is valid till aug 4th this year and i am in the process of searching a job after august, please could someone help me as to what additional documents or anything i need to produce to show that i can get a job or is my job contract valid till aug 4th sufficient for extension. please reply asap.

What are the chances of getting extension with my current job contact

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: hsmp extension

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:27 pm

vijuvasishta wrote:i have a hsmp rite now and i have to apply for extension before aug 19th this year as it expires on 19th aug, i have a job contract which is valid till aug 4th this year and i am in the process of searching a job after august, please could someone help me as to what additional documents or anything i need to produce to show that i can get a job or is my job contract valid till aug 4th sufficient for extension. please reply asap.

What are the chances of getting extension with my current job contact
All your questions are answered on this forum - just read through previous postings...
Where there is a will there is a way.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 pm

There is also a search facility that you should make full use of.

moni69
Newly Registered

HSMP Enquiry

Post by moni69 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I have a friend, who came to this country a year ago, he came here on HSMP visa (Teacher), but did not get a job in his relevent field, so he is been working in a warehouse for about 6-8 months.
Is there a chance that he will be getting his extension, without a problem, and for how long ???

regards,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Enquiry

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Hi Moni

This question have already been answered, try to use search facitlity.
Nobody could gurantee that s/he wil get extension.

People could only give you the answer based on the previous case. From previous case it is still possible to get extension (very probably 1 year). You could increase the chance by showing that you have tried hard to find a higly skills job. For instance, showing job interview invitation, showing application form, etc. Also, a lot of money in the bank account that could cover you and your family for the entire year could be the significant factor. Keep in mind, that the most important think for the case worker is that you could maintain yourself without recoursing the public fund. The chance to get full extension by working in the low skilled job is very low.

The idea to give you 1 year extension (grace period) is that to give more time and thus more chance to find the highly skilled job. Up to know, I have not heard/read anybody who succesfully get the the second time extension (another 1 year extension, after 1 year extension) by still working in the low skilled job during the extension/grace period.

This is just the general idea. Whether you will get extension or not it entirely depends on the caseworker perceptions tand believe to your case (probably also mood), and depends on how strong the case you are presenting.
Good luck to find a Highly skilled job.

Pantaiema

moni69 wrote:Hi all,

I have a friend, who came to this country a year ago, he came here on HSMP visa (Teacher), but did not get a job in his relevent field, so he is been working in a warehouse for about 6-8 months.
Is there a chance that he will be getting his extension, without a problem, and for how long ???

regards,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Enquiry

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:49 pm

moni69 wrote:Hi all,

I have a friend, who came to this country a year ago, he came here on HSMP visa (Teacher), but did not get a job in his relevent field, ....

regards,
Need to add/comment about teaching in the UK

Does your friend have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) ?.
If not, he will never could get a job as a teacher in the UK as it is not allowed.

Pantaiema

moni69
Newly Registered

Post by moni69 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Thanks pantaiema for the quick reply.
Unfortunately he does not have QTS,
Lets see if he gets his extension without it.

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Not at all, if he/she is a teacher but not QTS, he can get a teacher job on Unqualified scale. British Education system is short of teachers and even non UK qualified teachers are getting jobs

he can do supply teaching, get a job as Unqualified teacher, do the QTS and move to main scale

best of luck

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Indeed UK is short of teachers, especially in science. But teaching is a regulated job. You could work as class room teaching assistant (you mention it as unqualified teacher) but here we are talking about a real teacher,( Not teaching assistant), aren't we ?.

Also, normally the school will employ teaching assistant only to the people who already start their education to be a qualified teacher, e.g. someone who already start his/her PGCE education in the process to become a QTS. There are various route to get a QTS. Use seacrh engine and find teaching in the UK. You will find it

Pantaiema
Grateful Dead wrote:Not at all, if he/she is a teacher but not QTS, he can get a teacher job on Unqualified scale. British Education system is short of teachers and even non UK qualified teachers are getting jobs

he can do supply teaching, get a job as Unqualified teacher, do the QTS and move to main scale

best of luck

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:38 pm

When I said Unqualified Teacher I meant the payscale. As an Unqualified Teacher you work as a Full time teacher (not Teaching assistant) but you are paid on the Unqualified scale. It is termed Unqualified because you are not British qualified.

Check the National Union of Teachers website or www.teachernet

This is from experience

Best of luck

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:15 pm

I understand your point. What I mean a teacher here is that you are recognised as a teacher in the UK. But you are refering to an unqualified teacher. Unqualified teacher in the UK are not a real teacher you must be accompanied by qualified teacher. They could be an "INSTRUCTOR", or fresh graduste who join The Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP) a route to become a qualified teacher.
Refer tho this document.

http://www.tda.gov.uk/upload/resources/ ... tpinfo.pdf
http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/8305/ ... 0Final.doc

Pantaiema

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:56 pm

My wife was a Full Teacher on the Unqualified scale. She had BSc, MSc, BEd and still a Full Time Teacher on Unqualified Scale. She was designated Teacher of Science and her responsibilities were exactly the same as the British teachers with same hours they worked. While at work she fulfilled standards of British Education system (no GTP, PGCE etc) and got the Qualified Teacher Status.

For Overseas Trained Teachers there is a route to teaching as mentioned above.

take care

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:11 pm

I mentioned PGCE, GTP is just examples of various route to become a qualified teacher in the UK, there is also another route called RTS (registered teacher scheme), fast track and OTTP (The overseas trained Teacher programme).

I believe that you are refering the route what is so called OTTP. If not, please advise the forum what route does she follows to become a qualified teacher (the exact name of the route). To become a qualified teacher with full responsibility in the UK you must follow a recognised route such as PGCE, fact Track, GTP, RTS, OTTP.

Indeed OTTP is someone who already has a lot experience in other countries as a teacher, have degree but have not been recognised as qualified in the UK. I understand that this is indeed quite unfair, as someone with a lot experience in teaching in other countries might be better and more qualified then British QTS teacher. But teaching in the UK is a regulated job, and only qualified teacher which they call QTS could teach with full teaching responsibility in the UK.

When it is written that an unqualified teacher has the same responsibilities with a qualified teacher i believe this is refer to the practice. Noone could deter someone to get full teaching responsibities, full hour etc, in case s/he have proven his/her capability as a full teacher. They even like it, pay less but more obligations.

But in the Job description, it is defenitely not true that unqualified teacher (e.g. trainee teacher if you follow OTTP route) has the same responsibilities with QTS. That is the reason why they are paid at lower scale in this case they are paid as trainee not as a teacher. If you could just advise the forum a document or website which could prove a job description that a qualified teacher in the UK has the same responsibility with unqualified teacher in the UK. We could discuss it any further.

OTTP is a trainee teacher not teacher with full responsibility. They are in their way in working from unqualified teacher to become qualified teacher under the supervision of their mentor (qualified teacher). They need to gain QTS within a four-year period. This is job based training.

You will find a lot of information in the following dicument.
http://www.tda.gov.uk/upload/resources/ ... %20dec.pdf

Pantaiema
Grateful Dead wrote:My wife was a Full Teacher on the Unqualified scale. She had BSc, MSc, BEd and still a Full Time Teacher on Unqualified Scale. She was designated Teacher of Science and her responsibilities were exactly the same as the British teachers with same hours they worked. While at work she fulfilled standards of British Education system (no GTP, PGCE etc) and got the Qualified Teacher Status.

For Overseas Trained Teachers there is a route to teaching as mentioned above.

take care