ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing from student to student dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mariam79
Newly Registered

changing from student to student dependant

Post by Mariam79 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Hello

I have a friend who is currently on a student visa. Now in April his wife wants to come, also on a student visa which she will be applying for soon (already got all the paperwork)

As his studies are almost finished here he wants to know if he can switch then from a student to his wifes student dependant. I know it is possible if he go back to his country but he is really scared that they won't let him come back if he apply from there (they are both from Pakistan)

he hasn't done anything which wouldn't be allowed according to his visa

so is there any way that he can stay here and switch inside the UK from student to student dependant?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 pm

No he can't switch to being a student dependent in country as he doesn't satisfy 319C (h)

Why is he scared of returning to Pakistan?

Mariam79
Newly Registered

Post by Mariam79 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 pm

thanxs for your answer

He is scared that he won't be able to get a visa as student dependant as he heard to many stories from friends of friends.

According to me he has not anything to worry as they have enough funds in his wifes account to cover her study and him as dependant and he never was in breech of his visa

What is 319C?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:55 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

Sorry if i was not clear. I was referring to paragraph 319C h of the immigration rules which states who can apply for leave as a dependent of a points based system migrant in country. Pleas follow link above.

Your friend will need to leave the country to apply for a dependent visa as already advised.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Your friend is rightly scared on his place to applying from Pakistan as those stories are true.

UKBA staff treats application from Pakistan very aggressively. It has been discovered and reported by UKBA's own Chief Inspector. You can find the report here:

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... mabad1.pdf

ECO's at Islamabad and Abu Dhabi not only refuse visa applications from Pakistan, they try to put bans, as long as possible, just by using stupid tricks. They also try to delay applications as much as they can.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************