ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR need to clarify few doubts

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chetkav
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR need to clarify few doubts

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:40 pm

Friends, I need URGENTLY your valuable guidance on the following:

1) My wife came entered U.K. on 17 April'02. We got married in other country on 02 may'05 & we came back together to U.K. on 02 June'05.
Questions: A) When should we apply for ILR.
B) If yes,Can she apply as main aplicant with me as dependent?

2) We (me & my wife) called Croydon asking for an appointment but we were told that the earliest available date is 03 April'06.
Question:A) Is appoinment compulsory to apply in person for ILR?
B) What if we go to Croydon without an appointment?

3) We have got New passport in married name but the Work Permit Stamp is on the Old Passport (which is in her maiden name).
Question: A) In which of her name we should apply for ILR, Maien OR married?

4) Her name in different bank account is either maiden name or in Married name as various banks have different Turn Around Time(TAT) for processing "Change of Name". Her employer has mentioned her both names in the letter issued.
Question:A)Should we attach the statement with her Maiden name?

5) In the list of documents to be attached with form set (O), there is no mention of marriage certificate.
Question: Should we attach marriage certificate in anycase (wether we go in person or send it by post) ?

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:57 pm

6) I have my Pay-slips from Aug'05 till last month (Feb'06).
Question: a) Since I am on "Dependent-Work Permit",should I also attach those Pay-slips of mine & Bank Statements of last 3 months?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:06 pm

Chetkav, can we be clear about this please? You say you have "Dependent-Work Permit". Sorry, it may be obvious, but whose dependent? Your wife's dependent? Was that obtained after the marriage last year? If not, when was that obtained?

As regards an appointment on 3rd April .... totally useful to you! The current 4-year requirement becomes a 5-year requirement as from 3rd April. PEOs are no doubt very busy at the moment. Why not just apply by post, and save £165?

But first lets clarify your current visa status.
John

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Thanks John for early revert. My wife has got Work Permit issed on 13 March'02. She entered U.K. on 17 April'02. I got my "Work Permit-Dependent" visa on 04 May'05 (i.e after our marriage on 02 May'05) and we enterd U.K. together on 02 Jne'05.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:19 pm

OK, on that basis your wife should apply for ILR using form SET(O), and include you as a dependent on that form. You must make the application this month, because from 3rd April the 4-year requirement becomes a 5-year one.

If I were you I would submit the application by post, save the £165 difference in fees, except post by Special Delivery ... cost circa £4 ... and do retain the slip stamped by the Post Office. It proves when the application was made.

Go for it ... on the basis of what you have posted you should both get ILR. Do ensure that all required documentation is submitted with the application .... the form SET(O) is quite clear about the requirements.
John

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 pm

Thanks John..But please help me understand on wether I should attach my Pay-slip & Bank statment & the marriage certificate also with other documents submitted?
Please help.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:34 pm

Please look at the form SET(O) ... pages 15 & 16 of 20 ... sections 7A and 7B ... very clear guidance there about what needs to be submitted.
John

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:41 pm

The list doesn't mention requirement of marriage certificat & Income proof of teh dependent. So, I need not submit it. (Thogh I am full time permenently employed).

Thanks a lot john.

basis

Post by basis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:39 am

If it doesn't then dont submit. Since your ILR is dependent on your wife's ILR - your wife's documents are the only documents that are needed. Marraige Cert not needed IMO.

Dont waste time go with the form, documents and fees as specified in SET (O). Carry other documents if you think so as additionals separate from the main set of application and supportings.

If at all someone asks you can produce them. But dont show them additional documents that are not specified in the form on your own and normally they dont ask anything than that has been specified in the form.

Your case looks straightforward from the details you provided - dont make it complicated. Good luck !!!

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:19 am

Dear Chetkav,

I think, you don't need to send marriage certificate.

All documents you need to send should be of your wife's. Don't send your bankstmts or your payslips.

All you need to send is:
Your wife's employer letter saying her employment with them is continuing.
Her payslips last 3(I think).
Her bank statements last 3.
2 Photographs of you and your wife
Present workpermit
Form SET(O) duly filled
All originals

Make sure you post your application before 1st April. Did you tried calling Liverpool/Glasgow PEO's as I know Croydon, Birmingham are full.

Also except Croydon no other PEO's allow walk-in.

I hope it is clear.

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:24 pm

I have sent all documents by Special delivery post attaching Postal Orders for GBP 335.

Normally,In how many days they revert?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:05 pm

I think, they should let you know in 4 weeks. They say they deal with 70%postal applications in 20 working days. You might can expect some delays due overload. Good luck. Let us know if you hear anything from HO.
chetkav wrote: Normally,In how many days they revert?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:24 pm

for joint applications, like in your case, you need to send your marriage certificate.....

I am mentioning my experience

chetkav
Newly Registered

Post by chetkav » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:26 pm

Olison, I have sent the marriage certificate. The thought was to send as many documents you have especially when I was sending the application by post. It is rather good to send more than to have them ask you to furnish.

Kavik, Sure I will certainly let everyone in this forum know about the outcome.