ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning points for extension....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshep

Earning points for extension....

Post by sureshep » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi All,

My Tier 1 extenstion is due on Nov 18th 2011 (Validity Expiry on 18th Dec). This is my first extension.

I am currently in UK and working on contract on daily rate basis.

How much minimum parnings I need to show in order to qualify for extn ?

Today, I was checking the eligibility calculator on UKBA site. I have keyed-in all details (20 points - Age, Qual - 30 points : MCA, Current UK experience - 5 points, language requirement - 10 points, maintainance - 10 points)

And for just information purpose, I haved keyed in 22 K as my current earnings.

Finally, it has given a summary that I am in eligible for extension.

My question is, how much min earnings really need to be shown for extn in order to qualify ??

Or does it again depends upon the age, Qualification factors which in my case letting me to qualify for extension.

Please help.

Regards,
Suresh

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 pm

As long as you qualify you can apply even with 22k or 100K. .

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Earning points for extension....

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 pm

sureshep wrote:Hi All,

My Tier 1 extenstion is due on Nov 18th 2011 (Validity Expiry on 18th Dec). This is my first extension.

I am currently in UK and working on contract on daily rate basis.

How much minimum parnings I need to show in order to qualify for extn ?

Today, I was checking the eligibility calculator on UKBA site. I have keyed-in all details (20 points - Age, Qual - 30 points : MCA, Current UK experience - 5 points, language requirement - 10 points, maintainance - 10 points)

And for just information purpose, I haved keyed in 22 K as my current earnings.

Finally, it has given a summary that I am in eligible for extension.

My question is, how much min earnings really need to be shown for extn in order to qualify ??

Or does it again depends upon the age, Qualification factors which in my case letting me to qualify for extension.

Please help.

Regards,
Suresh
It all depends on your current circumstances. You need a total of 95 points out of which 20 are split equally into Maintenance funds and English language.

If you are getting 55 points from Age, Education and UK Experience, you need a further 20 points from Previous Earnings.

But if you have a MCA degree (Masters) that will give you 35 points for your education so you only need 15 points from Previous Earnings.

An annual income of £20000 to £22999 gets you 15 points and an income from £23000 to £25999 gets you 20 points.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.