ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

the starting date of EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

criceto
Newly Registered

the starting date of EEA Family Permit

Post by criceto » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm a non-EEA spouse of a EEA citizen (Italian) and in the next couple of weeks I would like to apply for my EEA FP as we would like to settle in the UK. We are going to travel there together.
In case I'm granted the FP, when does it start to be valid - from the date that I mention in my application as the travelling date, of from the date of issue? I used to be sure it was the travelling date mentioned in the application (that's why I actually wanted to apply for the Permit 2 months before going to the UK), but I've just read here in one of the topics that someone was granted the FP valid straight off the issue date. Does anyone know where the truth lies?

Looking forward to your kind answers, thank you beforehand!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:24 pm

By default the validity is six months, starting from the date of issue.
It is possible, however, to request a later starting date (up to three months from the date of application).

criceto
Newly Registered

Post by criceto » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:15 pm

fysicus wrote:By default the validity is six months, starting from the date of issue.
It is possible, however, to request a later starting date (up to three months from the date of application).
fysicus, thank you so much for the reply!