ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for mother

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc123
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa for mother

Post by doc123 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 am

My mother is 62 and she has retired as a teacher. She lives alone in India and often visits us here on a visitor visa. I am keen to have my mom on a dependent visa. I understand that she has to be 65 before I can apply for her as a dependent.
My sister and I are the only two siblings and we are both here. I am on an HSMP visa and my sister is a UK citizen.
is there any way that I can apply for my mom earlier?Can my sister be able to apply for her to be dependent on her, if I cannot as I am on HSMP?

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:20 pm

Dependent visas for parents are extremely difficult, as they are seen as part of the "chain migration" problem. Whether you are here on HSMP does not matter.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent Visa for mother

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:43 pm

As mention by Lynn it is indeed very difficult. Normally, they will ask the solid evidence that she has nobody else to rely on (such as your siblings, her sisters, etc) in her own country. But you will never now if you do not try.

Pantaiema
doc123 wrote:My mother is 62 and she has retired as a teacher. She lives alone in India and often visits us here on a visitor visa. I am keen to have my mom on a dependent visa. I understand that she has to be 65 before I can apply for her as a dependent.
My sister and I are the only two siblings and we are both here. I am on an HSMP visa and my sister is a UK citizen.
is there any way that I can apply for my mom earlier?Can my sister be able to apply for her to be dependent on her, if I cannot as I am on HSMP?
Last edited by pantaiema on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:06 pm

doc123 wrote:My mother is 62 and she has retired as a teacher. She lives alone in India and often visits us here on a visitor visa. I am keen to have my mom on a dependent visa. I understand that she has to be 65 before I can apply for her as a dependent.
Very difficult but possible...

Look for posts by 'Dip'; I think we discussed this subject in a lot of detail about 1.5 to 2 years ago...
Where there is a will there is a way.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:51 pm

I've tried this but noway possible IMHO unless we are "settled". My parents (dad) are over 65, nobody else to care and 100% financially depends on me

BTW, i think this is the link Chess refering to (DIP was very lucky)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=#1641

HTH
Chess wrote:
Very difficult but possible...

Look for posts by 'Dip'; I think we discussed this subject in a lot of detail about 1.5 to 2 years ago...