ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refused - student to WP and then Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

workseeker
Newly Registered

HSMP Refused - student to WP and then Tier1

Post by workseeker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Hello All,

I came to UK on Student visa in the year 2002 and applied for HSMP in 2006 (with backhome earnings) which was refused on the basis that they couldn't verify the company, which isn't true, infact they have used third party company to verify my details with the company and recieved positive reply from my HR, I have evidence of the reply through email from HR. Third party company has couriered my verification documents which UK embassy in Chennai - India has not received it (UK embassy has told me when I called them), as caseworker has waited for longer then their time limit of 90 days on the application, they have made a decission to refuse my application. My solicitor requested right of Information file from UKBA, in which they have not mentioned anything about company verificaiton and some information has blacked out with marker and typed "Don't reveal" I am not sure what it was.

As I wasn't aware of appealing during that time and surprising my solicitor have not even mentioned any about appealing their decission, I just give up my hopes and found employer who has sponsored my WP in the year 2008.

Now I am switching from WP to Tier 1, will my HSMP refusal in the 2006 will effect my Tier 1 application? will they take my previous attempt of HSMP in to consideration to make a decission on my Tier 1 applicaiton?

And finally, I am not sure if I can do this? can I now appeal their decission of refusing my HSMP which they have made in the year 2006?

I know it's bit complicated situation, however any help or advise is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 am

I don't believe it (HSMP refusal) will have any affect as you have been successful in obtaining WP / Tier 2 leave after you were refused HSMP.

Nothing to worry about, IMHO.

regards

workseeker
Newly Registered

Post by workseeker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks for your quick response. To my last question in the posting, can I now appeal on their refusal decission on HSMP in the year 2006?

Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

No, an appeal has to be filed within a stipulated time frame ... and it is definitely not as long as 5 years!

regards

workseeker
Newly Registered

Post by workseeker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks verymuch for your advise.