ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed -Dear chess, kayalami

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abp19682003
Newly Registered

urgent help needed -Dear chess, kayalami

Post by abp19682003 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:33 am

Dear chess, kayalami,

please help me to solve these problems,

1)there is one question in hsmp application ' are you able to continue your career in U.K?" what shoul i answer? i am civil engineer and MBA with marketing and working as Area sales manager so in which organization in UK sould i become a member like ACCA for accountants or engineering council for engineer?
2) I live in Ahmedabad,India. As a area sales manager my gross salary is Rs.25000. even public limited companies do not offer mare than this salary in Ahmedabad. as per 25000 Rs the annual salries would be 3700 pounds which is less than required 7500 pounds. my education and experience points are 75 consedering my 14 years experience as senoir level. now please advice me will my current salary adversly affect my experience points? i can show them the advertisements of different companies in newspapers offering approx. only 25000 Rs salary for the post of Area sales manager.
3)for outside uk application is it sufficient if we send only noterised copy of passport?

thanking you.

atul

dokwal
BANNED

salary pts

Post by dokwal » Mon May 24, 2004 1:49 pm

salary has nothing to do with edn & work experience pts

so cheer up

rgds

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon May 24, 2004 4:22 pm

1. There are no specific registration requirements for the two professions you mention in the UK i.e. engineering and marketing. However being a member of the relative body does support the 'employability' criteria - IMHO if it will further delay your application do not fuss over it but consider it as an option in the longer term to support/maximise your UK job hunting opportunities.

2. HSMP Team understandably relate senior/ managerial experience with 'high' salary levels so may question claimed points where income is relatively low even taking into consideration earning levels in the relevant country - remember they now have a good picture of earnings especially from the subcontinent where bulk of HSMP applicants are from. You may wish to refer to posts by sand_03 where myself, fellow moderators and other members on comments about this issue.

3. If you are applying in the under 28 category then you must provide proof of age - this is either an original/certified birth certificate and/or a certified/notarised copy of your passport biodata page. Given that birth certificates are not a conclusive proof of identity a combination of the two would be most appropriate.

4. You may wish to review the FAQ section of the HSMP forum where the matter of work experience is discussed. I also advise you to read the HSMP guidance leaflet - many of your queries will be answered therein.

Good Luck