ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of income and documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alex85
Newly Registered

Proof of income and documents

Post by Alex85 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 am

hi

My boyfriend and I are getting married next week he is a British born citizen. I am not sure whether we will get a visa approved as we do not have savings. we are both employed in the UK and I am on a youth mobility visa from the UK and have been here for 20 months. I have just changed jobs though but he has been in his same job since November 2009. Is this sufficient as proof we have funds?

Also about communication subject. We both have PAYG phones so can not prove contact via phones. nor do we email as we see each other every day. Neither of us has ever bothered with bday or valentines cards as we just give presents.

We have photos from the last year and a half we've been together but they are not dated photos although we may be able to download them with dates uploaded from facebook. I am not sure if thats possible though.

Also we are planning to have a proper wedding but havent set a date. should we set a date and send invitations before then. I never wanted a rushed wedding so would it matter if this wasn't included in application?

Is this going to cause issues for us when applying for visa?

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am

Hi
As long as one of you especially your husband to-be is working full time and earning enough money you should be fine. Also you will have to prove you're employed by providing bank statements, pay slips, employment contract, and letter from employer stating when you started work and how much you're paid. You don't have to have savings.

Why don't you (both) call your network provider to register your payg number in your name? And ask them to send you phone records showing all calls and text messages.

Normally there should be date on the pictures once printed except there's no date set on the camera used. You can also print pictures from mobile phones. You should take screen shots of messages you sent eachother on Facebook, enlarge it so it can clearly show the date messages and the whole Facebook page. As for Valentine's card buy eachother one, dates are not written on it valentine's card.

And as for the wedding plans, are you marrying at the registry next week and plan to do a religious ceremony? If so you don't have to choose a date except you want to and don't tell home office about it. Once you get married at the registry, you'll be giving your marriage certificate which is what you need.

Hope this helps you.
[Moderator Edit]

Alex85
Newly Registered

Post by Alex85 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm

cheers thanks for your help

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Did you obtain a Certificate of Approval to get married? If so, this is evidence the HO has already considered your relationship to be genuine.

Do not send falsified evidence to the HO, even if it is just Valentine cards...