ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on Tier 1 (valid till 1/10/2012)

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarwan

Travelling on Tier 1 (valid till 1/10/2012)

Post by sarwan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:28 am

Hi Gurus,
I have Tier1 Validity till 1/10/2012, Due to my current assignmnet i couldn't travel Immediately, Made my mind to start this April 2011 am i valid to travel pls suggest.

If yes pls provide my checklist to be produced during my immigration check

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am

Hi,

I guess you are out of UK and you are asking if you can enter UK in April 2011?

Yes you can. You can enter until 1/10/2012. You don't need any docs per say during immigration check (except your passport, of course). It would be good to have your address of where you would be put up.

-H

sarwan

Post by sarwan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 am

Hussain,
Thanks for your reply, Yes I'm india planned to travel in April 2011.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm

There is no problem as long as your visa is valid. They do not ask much questions when your visa is Tier1 (General) or HSMP.

General questions:-
Questions they ask during my visit.

1. Where do you live?
2. Where do you your work and are you working full time?
3. Your company name and location?

That's it.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 pm

There is no problem as long as your visa is valid. They do not ask much questions when your visa is Tier1 (General) or HSMP.

General questions:-
Questions they ask during my visit.

1. Where do you live?
2. Where do you your work and are you working full time?
3. Your company name and location?

That's it.

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 pm

sarwan,
being under similiar conditions, a fresh feedback from me.
my visa is valid until december 2011 and i made my 2nd entry (1 st one was for a daily visit for the job interview) yesterday.
I must say I was faced to a negative attitude from the guy checking my passport. He and his colleague asked me questions like why I was so late in moving to UK after I received my tier 1 or what kind of profession I was dealing with when I applied for tier 1 etc (prepare to receive stupid questions that are really annoying) Finally I remembered that I have my contract and job description with me and showed them to covince. Otherwise, even I held a valid visa until the end of year, I don't think I was going to be let in.
Do bring some original documentation with you that will help you prove your status.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 am

Remember to carry your chest X-ray report if you are travelling from India.

MPI

Post by MPI » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:00 am

main_2 wrote:sarwan,
my visa is valid until december 2011 and i made my 2nd entry (1 st one was for a daily visit for the job interview) yesterday.
I must say I was faced to a negative attitude from the guy checking my passport.
Well , immigration officers are entitled to ask you any questions upon entry as this is their job. But officially you are allowed to enter a country as long your visa is valid. I used to have IGS visa which was expiring literally in 9 days when I was coming back from home country once, and all the officer asked me was if I am intending to extend my visa and my response was ‘yes’ not a word more. And he let me in.

MPI

Post by MPI » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

main_2 wrote:sarwan,
I must say I was faced to a negative attitude from the guy checking my passport.
Well , immigration officers are entitled to ask you any questions upon entry as this is their job. But officially you are allowed to enter a country as long your visa is valid. I used to have IGS visa which was expiring literally in 9 days when I was coming back from home country once, and all the officer asked me was if I am intending to extend my visa and my response was ‘yes’ not a word more. And he let me in.

tier1gnrl

MPI!

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 am

Hello there,

I have a valid PSW expiring in a couple of months. Intend to travel UK just to get my Tier 1 General Application and then look for work.

I have put a post stating the same were there any other questions from them? During your entry in the UK at the immigration desk?

Thanks in advance.

abhishek10
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:26 pm

I just came to UK day before yesterday and I was asked if I studied here and when I said no, he asked how did I became eligible for Tier 1 visa.
There won't be many problems, just be honest and tell him why you're moving to UK.

And yes, do keep a chest x-ray in case they ask for it.