ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for the First child Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chursy

Application for the First child Passport

Post by chursy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 am

Hi All

I am a British National and got naturalized in 2006. My Wife is a Non- EEA National and is on a EEA Spouse Visa.We are both based in Dublin, Ireland and have just had our first child .

I have read the guidance around applying for the first passport for the child and i am little confused. Can someone please clarify

is the baby eligible to be a British citizen? Can i apply for a british passport here in british High commission?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

On becoming Naturalised you became British otherwise than by descent. Accordingly your children, born after your Naturalisation, are British, wherever in the world those children are born. Accordingly your newly-born child is British, and has been from the moment of birth.

As you are currently living in Ireland, yes the passport application can be made there in Ireland.
John

chursy

Re: Application for the First child Passport

Post by chursy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi

having just read a few posts i understand that the baby is eligible to apply for the passport. I have been going through the documentation required and one ofthe documents requested is an original copy of the naturalization certificate. As far i remember in order to apply for the passport, original certificates were attached with the passport forms, hence i only have a copy with me?

Do i really need to provide this to them, as i am already attaching the british passport of my self with the application for the child?

See link below for the irish embassy document requirements

http://britishembassyinireland.fco.gov. ... d-passport

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm

You don't exchange naturalisation certificate for passport.
You should keep certificate as it is valid for your whole life.
Passport you can chose to have or not.
Photocopy of certificate is worthless.
If you lost your naturalisation certificate, you can get a new one for a fee.

BTW. Technically speaking, babies are not eligible to apply for anything. :)

chursy

Post by chursy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm

ukpl wrote:You don't exchange naturalisation certificate for passport.
You should keep certificate as it is valid for your whole life.
Passport you can chose to have or not.
Photocopy of certificate is worthless.
If you lost your naturalisation certificate, you can get a new one for a fee.

BTW. Technically speaking, babies are not eligible to apply for anything. :)
thanks for your response.

Unfortunately the original naturalization certificate is lost. However i think i will have to request a duplicate from the home office as its required by the consulate here.

I would have imagined that since i have the passport wouldn't that be sufficient? Just wondering in case i can save the 80 sterling :D (cost of duplicate cert)

npendkar

Post by npendkar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:10 pm

hello,

We had a baby boy like ten days ago.

i would like to know what is the process to apply my sons british passport.

I am on ILR since march 2014 and My wife on flr(m) since may 2014.

please let me know the procedure?

I have got his birth certificate today from local council.

Thank you in advance this forum has helped me before.

Regards
Naresh

Carla_c
Newly Registered

Post by Carla_c » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:52 am

Naresh, just request a form or get one from post office, fill it in and submit it baby's birth certificate and with ur passport and ILR as proof that ur son was born when u are settled. If both parents not born in uk then add in grandparents details. Easily done!

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi,

my son was born in UK in 2013, both me and my wife got ILR IN JAN 2015, My son got his British registration certificate yesterday. i want to apply for his British passport? i got one question

Q1. What all list of supporting documents i need supply/or send with his application form plz?

he has never traveled abroad/left UK SINCE BIRTH and got no indian passport....PARENTS INDIAN NATIONALS

planning for first child passport,..fast track mode?
thank u