ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Fair on 10th and 11th March

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier 1 Info
Newly Registered

Job Fair on 10th and 11th March

Post by Tier 1 Info » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello,

I got a mail from JobServe about their Job Fair @ Novotel Hammersmith, London on the 10th and 11th of March from 9am to 4pm.

Have a look at,
http://jobservelive.com/event.visit.asp?eventid=67

I have a few questions,

1. Is it useful to attend them and will there be serious recruiters ?
2. What is the general process that happens there ?
3. What is the dress code ? I know it is common to wear a business suit to an interview, but is it required to wear one here ?

Please advice, share your suggestions.

Thanks,
Tier1Info.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

If you look at the list of companies coming, it does not appear to be very useful.I would suggest looking at whether any of these companies are hiring in your field of interest on their websites before going.
At these fairs, usually HR / employee from a relevant field that is hiring will be there to explain the type of candidate they are looking for, how to apply etc
It doesn't require to wear a suit, but dress formal enough to ensure you are being taken seriously.

Tier 1 Info
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Info » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for the response Jason.

That's the reason, why I asked if there will be serious recruiters. I did have a look and there are positions that match my skillset that are being recruited for.