ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed please on time lines for same day visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fatima Jamal

Help needed please on time lines for same day visa

Post by Fatima Jamal » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello,

My husband applied for a same day visa from Sheffield for UK Tier 1 General visa, as self employed and employed category. The staff checked the papers and said that they would be keeping the case for background checks. It has been over 2 months and we have not recieved any indication as to when the visa will be issued.

Can any one else, who has also applied under the same category guide us to what the time frame can be? Thanks.

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. Applied on the 3rd of Feb and nothing yet. As far as I know there has been incidents where they would give their decision within 2 weeks or make us wait months (as long as they want).

Have they made any attempts to contact the applicants clients yet? they havent in my case.

Hope this helps!!

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response - My husband applied on 20th dec and nothing as yet - no they havent contacted the clients.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 am

Hi, I am am employed by a Co under T1G. I went to the Sheffield Office and my visa status was change from T2 to T1G on the same day, with in an hour. This was in June 2010 (i.e. last year).

I gues yours is taking longer as you are Self Employed so they have to do additional checsk on your records.

However, the whole point of paying extra for the same day appointment is to get quick serviuce. If it has been this long, I would call them and ask them what is the delay for.

I can not think of any negative outcome from enquiring.

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We applied through a lawyer and the lawyer has been persistently following up. But we have no idea as to when we can recieve a reply

need_info
Newly Registered

Post by need_info » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Fatima,

i applied for same day service on 10th Feb, i had a component of self employed earning involved. the refused the application stating my accountant is not a registered one despite of providing the registration details.the decision came on 8th march. My tier2 visa expired on 7th March so they left me in pretty bad situation.

I have appealed against the decision. They are surely troubling ppl with self employed earning.

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry that they rejected your application. Actually we are getting worried since we applied on 20th Dec and it has been a while and yet no response.

Any one else with a similar experience?