ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa - Address proof required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitint1

Dependant Visa - Address proof required?

Post by nitint1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi
I'm in UK for less than a month, maintaining £ (2800+1600) in my India Bank A/c. I just started a contract in UK, and living temporarily with a friend.
So I don't have any UK address proof, and planning to rent a house only after my spouse gets a visa.

Can I go ahead and apply Dependant visa, without any UK Address proof??
It's confusing since, it's not mentioned in required docs, but in the forums everybody recommends to provide rent agreement, bills etc etc.

Could someone please clear the air, by sharing the experience??

Thanks In Advance.
Last edited by nitint1 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Proof of adress is not a mandatory requirement. Your proof of funds is evidence that you can obtain appropriate accomodation.

My solicitior advised me not to provid eit. I'm still awaiting the result of my application.

You may want to ask on of the moderators, others whom have applied for a dependant visa.

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:57 pm

chosenaik wrote:Proof of adress is not a mandatory requirement. Your proof of funds is evidence that you can obtain appropriate accomodation.

My solicitior advised me not to provid eit. I'm still awaiting the result of my application.

You may want to ask on of the moderators, others whom have applied for a dependant visa.
Thanks, Please share when did you apply, and what were the docs you submitted? Also let me know the result of your application.

Moderators please confirm.

Aani

Post by Aani » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Nitin,

Proof of accommodation is not a mandatory document but its a good to keep document which will strengthen your application. Sometimes the case worker is keen about these documents as well (It depends on the caseworker dealing with your application, which is not in our hand). No objection Letter from landlord is another alternative. See if you can get one. Otherwise also you are good to go ahead if you are satisfying all the other criteria.

Good Luck with the application.

Reagrds,
Aani

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Aani.
Unfortunately, I can't get any letter, as my friend is also applying for his dependant visa, and showing the NOC for his case.

That's why I'm planning NOT to refer my address in strong, and will mention that I'm currently staying with a friend and I'll be renting an apartment very soon. I'm maintaining the sufficient funds, and capable of renting an accommodation. Backed by a letter from employer showing my daily contract rate, which I'll be getting monthly.

Do you think there is a potential gap in this?

Thanks a lot..

antouk

Post by antouk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:34 pm

@nitin: Most of the docs that i included in my baby's application were not mentioned as mandatory. My suggestion is, apart from submitting the reqd docs, if you submit extra supporting docs it makes your application more genuine and easier for the caseworker to decide on your application.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 pm

antouk wrote:@nitin: Most of the docs that i included in my baby's application were not mentioned as mandatory. My suggestion is, apart from submitting the reqd docs, if you submit extra supporting docs it makes your application more genuine and easier for the caseworker to decide on your application.
I agree, I'll attach all the documents I have related to my employment but don't have any address proof as of now, since I'm sharing voluntarily right now.
And since it's a contract, it's likely to terminate, so I might require to move from here, hence, I'd not prefer renting a full house until it's decided.
Since this might take a month before I know the real situation.

What do you recommend is it worth waiting for a document which is not mentioned as mandatory?

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Moderators,
Can you please comment?

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Supplying too many docs can also slow down the process and may also result in a negative outcome if the case worker misinterprets any of them and it goes against you.

However you can always appeal in such a case. But thats a lengthy process.

This is why I submitted only those docs explicitly mentioned in dependant UKBA section. Only additionaly docs were, pids of wedding + telephone bills. The visa was approved in less than a month.