ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fgag
Newly Registered

marriage..

Post by fgag » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi there, i am a british nd my partner is a legal immigrant wo has been living in the uk for more than 8 years.we have sent our coa application and the ho sent us a certificate so we got married at the registry office but now we need to send applications so he could remain in the uk.is it more easier for him to go back to his country or shall we apply from here im soo confused but i dont want him to go back incase it might take longer what shall we dooo???
and if we do apply from here what type of evidence do we need?
thankss

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:30 pm

do you mean 'legal' or 'illegal' immigrant? Where is his home country and do you have any children together?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:13 pm

illegal immigrant and hes turkish.nope no children

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Then an application made in Turkey is likely to be quicker. If he applies in the UK it may take years to process, with no guarantee of success. I see in your previous posts that he had a legal advisor. It may be wise to ask their professional advice before you make a dicision. Remember that being married doesn't make him 'legal' here and he is still at risk of removal.

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm

yes we did speak to the advisor but he said we could apply from here and also he said we could send a legacy application as he has been in the uk for more than 8 years.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Did the advisor tell you how long an application made in the UK is likely to take, against the time to process a spouse visa application in Turkey?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm

fgag wrote:yes we did speak to the advisor but he said we could apply from here and also he said we could send a legacy application as he has been in the uk for more than 8 years.
Has your partner ever claimed asylum and if so when?

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 pm

yes he said it would take 2 - 3 months if we send our application in the uk but he wasnt really sure how long it would take if we did it in turkey.
we really dont know where to start from he is thinking to go back but then i'm worried he might not be able to come back.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 pm

fgag wrote:yes he said it would take 2 - 3 months if we send our application in the uk but he wasnt really sure how long it would take if we did it in turkey.
we really dont know where to start from he is thinking to go back but then i'm worried he might not be able to come back.
2-3 months is a very unlikely timescale. Most people in your situation will wait more like two years for a decision.

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

yes i know thats what we thought too,both of us are very confused on what to do we just wanted some ideas because most of the advisors dont care all they care about is the money...we dont know how long it would take in turkey,also if he did go back to turkey would he need a language certificate if yes would he be able to get one here?thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:43 am

fgag wrote:also if he did go back to turkey would he need a language certificate
Yes
fgag wrote:if yes would he be able to get one here?
In which country the certificate is issued in is irrelevant, as long as an approved course / test is undertaken with an approved test provider.

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:18 pm

fgag wrote:yes he said it would take 2 - 3 months if we send our application in the uk but he wasnt really sure how long it would take if we did it in turkey.
I personally know of two cases where the visa was granted under three months.

An overstayer of more than 9 years and the second of more than 5 years. Remember, all decisions are made based on the evidence presented to the UKBA. Also, do ask for a second opinion from another solicitor if you feel the need.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

alekos wrote:

An overstayer of more than 9 years and the second of more than 5 years. Remember, all decisions are made based on the evidence presented to the UKBA. Also, do ask for a second opinion from another solicitor if you feel the need.
I also know dozens who have waited over two years.

There is very little chance that such a case would be resolved in 2-3 months unless there are exceptional compassionate circumstances or unless the case is already up for consideration (for example as part of the case resolution directorate/legacy exercise).

Of course there is a chance that the application will be considered in a few months but a legal advisor who advises that the application will be decided in 2-3 months is, in my view, foolish.

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
alekos wrote:

I also know dozens who have waited over two years.

There is very little chance that such a case would be resolved in 2-3 months unless there are exceptional compassionate circumstances or unless the case is already up for consideration (for example as part of the case resolution directorate/legacy exercise).

Of course there is a chance that the application will be considered in a few months but a legal advisor who advises that the application will be decided in 2-3 months is, in my view, foolish.
I agree. No legal advisor should give you a timescale "set in stone"

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I've asked so many people and they said to try from the uk and if not we could then apply from turkey.there was a friend of ours which was in the same situation and he went back to Turkey and got his visa in 3 days..so jelous!!
@Grennie and alekos which one do you think is the is the safest and the best way for applying?Turkey or UK??

Thank you guys..

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:35 am

Hi all,
Which application form would we need in our case?Thanks

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Are you now doing it yourself or you have a legal adviser?

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

yes it would be myself and we are thinking to go back to turkey and apply there

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 pm

fgag wrote:Which application form would we need in our case?
fgag wrote:we are thinking to go back to turkey and apply there
See Settlement - visa application guide

vinny

spouse visa

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:53 pm

fgag wrote:hi,

i have two part time jobs and i earn 19,000 pa but a i have wirked for 4monyhs full time and now i have a part time job which i have started a month ago would this affect my application? if so what would i need to do please help
D4109125 wrote:See category A and B salaried income in Annex FM (click)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

visa.. helpp

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 pm

fgag wrote:could someone help me please...

me and my husband applid for a spouse visa from turkey how long is the expiry date on the visa.if my husband couldnt enter the uk for a year would that affect the visa ??
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 pm

If he delays his entry for longer than 3 months, then he will have to make more extensions than normally in the UK prior to qualifying for ILR.

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

do we have a chance to extend it?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Your husband has to spend 30 months in the UK initially before he can apply for FLR, and the spouse visa is for 33 months (3 months extra to leave the country).
So if he is issued a visa and doesn't use it for 12 months, you would have to extend the visa for an additional 9 months at the end of the visa.