ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility for Partner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

somu
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for Partner

Post by somu » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello..

I am due to apply for ILR next month and have a query for my wife’s eligibility to apply.

Facts:
1) We got married in April 2008 and I was having a WP at that time. She got her Dependant WP visa in Oct 2008 and came to UK for the first time in Nov 2008.
2) She had not quit from her job in India then. So, She went back to India in Mar 2009.
3) Came to UK again in Oct 2009 for another vacation trip and went back in February’2010.
4) She finally moved to UK in April-2010 and has done only one trip of 3 weeks to India since then.
5) I applied for Tier-1 visa on 17-May-2011 and she was granted the dependant visa along with.

Query:
Is she eligible to apply for ILR Dependant with me, in April-11? Her overall time since she was granted the entry clearance/ first entered in UK as WP dependant, has been more than 2 years now, though she was away for sometime in between and also, we changed our visa status from WP to Tier-1 (though she has been on Dependant visa in both cases).

Please advise if She is eligible to apply for ILR as my Dependant.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:12 am

Worth trying.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.