ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - From abroad or at arrival? please advise.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

biamado
Newly Registered

EEA2 - From abroad or at arrival? please advise.

Post by biamado » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 am

As a Guatemala national I do not need visa to visit the Uk. I'm able to stay up to 6 months in UK territory with no autorization to work.

My wife is a Spanish national, and we have been married for almost a year.

Currently we reside outside the UK and the EU zone. We are considering to move to the UK, and since my current employer operates world wide, I could be able to get a job position in London.
In order for my employer to offer me a job, I must be legally able to work in the UK on a full time basis.

Here are my questions:

If i travel to the UK with my wife, and she excersices her Treaty rights, could I get a temporaly job permit before applying via EEA2 form?
If I apply at arrival via EEA2 for a work permit, during the process time, does the Border Agency grant a temporaly job permit?
If I decide to apply via EEA2 for a job permit from my home country, how long could this process take?

Any recommendations on any other posibility that I may consider in order to prove to my current employer that it will be relatively easy for me to be legally elgible to apply for a job in the UK on arrival, in order to get an offer from them?

I really appreaciate your advise or comments.

Regards,

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 am

There are no temporary work permits for family members of EU nationals. Being such a family member, you do have the right to work though.

Apply for an EEA Family Permit (use form VAF5) in the country where you currently live. Although you do not really need it (as a non-visa national) to enter the UK, it makes it easier to prove your status as a family member of an EEA national, and thus claim the privileges attached to it. Once you are in the UK, apply for a Residence Card with form EEA2 (you cannot do it from outside the UK).

First of all, read the information on the UKBA website and on UK Visas

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 pm

There's isn't temporary work permit and you won't be able to work until you get your residence card. I would suggest you apply from your home country except you've got enough savings to help survive while waiting for rc in uk.

How long will the process take? Well, anything within a month to 6 months.
[Moderator Edit]