ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Fam application for parent based on Child's citizenship??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xxxtieee

EU Fam application for parent based on Child's citizenship??

Post by xxxtieee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am

Hi there,

A bit of confusion.

My child has been give Irish Citizenship based on my 3 + year residence in ireland. Now that she is Irish citizen, can I apply on EU Fam (EU1?) based on her citizenship?

Cheers
xxxtieee
-xxxtieee-

daddy
Member of Standing

Re: EU Fam application for parent based on Child's citizensh

Post by daddy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm

xxxtieee wrote:Hi there,

A bit of confusion.

My child has been give Irish Citizenship based on my 3 + year residence in ireland. Now that she is Irish citizen, can I apply on EU Fam (EU1?) based on her citizenship?

Cheers
xxxtieee
Where does your child live now?, if in Ireland, then you dont qualify for STAMP4EUFAM residence card, so dont border applying.
But if your child is living in any other eu country, eg uk, france, Germany etc, then you can apply as a parent/ primary carer of eu ctizen child.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

You could invoke the rights from the Zambrano ruling.

Contact a solicitor, you will probably need one as this is a very fresh area of the law but I think it can be done.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks for the replies :) I wonder if others any one has tried this before...
-xxxtieee-

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

xxxtieee wrote:Thanks for the replies :) I wonder if others any one has tried this before...
As I said it is a very fresh area of the law. The ruling was only last week in the Zambrano case. [redacted] (in Dublin) are taking a case invoking the rights from Zambrano against the deportation of a nigerian father of irish citizen children.

So it wont be tried and tested in Ireland. You will be one of the first cases. I would recommend contacting Brophy Solicitors.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Monifé wrote:
xxxtieee wrote:Thanks for the replies :) I wonder if others any one has tried this before...
As I said it is a very fresh area of the law. The ruling was only last week in the Zambrano case. [redacted] (in Dublin) are taking a case invoking the rights from Zambrano against the deportation of a nigerian father of irish citizen children.

So it wont be tried and tested in Ireland. You will be one of the first cases. I would recommend contacting [redacted].

I am also the same kind of person like "xxxtieee" looking for Residency Card (4 EU FAM) as my child is having Irish Passport who born recently. Not sure how it is best possible to get Residency card. Hope the new rule will implement in Ireland very soon.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:17 am

Monifé wrote:
As I said it is a very fresh area of the law. The ruling was only last week in the Zambrano case. Brophy solicitors (in Dublin) are taking a case invoking the rights from Zambrano against the deportation of a nigerian father of irish citizen children.

So it wont be tried and tested in Ireland. You will be one of the first cases. I would recommend contacting Brophy Solicitors.[
/quote]

Thanks Monife. I will contact Brophy solicitors. Bright outlook anyways.
-xxxtieee-