ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with workpermit after 4 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veritasen
Newly Registered

ILR with workpermit after 4 years

Post by veritasen » Mon May 24, 2004 8:48 pm

Hi,

Apologise if I am repeating the same question which was discussed before.

Can anyone tell me the necessary documents which I need to carry to home office for applying ILR (I am planning to apply in person at Croyden).

I have completed 4 years of stay in UK and my employer is ready to give me the Sponser Letter. I am in UK without any break (not more than 1.5 months) in the last 4 years.

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Tue May 25, 2004 9:06 am

This might be a slightly exhaustive list, but here are a few things that you might want to carry with you:

• Fee
    Form SET(O) [version 08/2003]
    Passports
    Work Permit Letter
    2 passport size photographs
    Bank Statements (At least of the last 3 months)
    Pay Slips (At least of the last 3 months)
    Tax Return Copy (P 60)
    Employment Letter from employer
    Copy of your rental contract
    Council Tax Bill
    Marriage Certificate (???)
    Driving License (???)
Regards

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue May 25, 2004 9:19 am

Khurram,

Thanks for the detailed list. I think I can carry all of them. I was thinking that the Bank Statements is sufficient and there is no requirement of Payslips. Is that true?

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue May 25, 2004 5:11 pm

I am ok with the below.

Fee
Form SET(O) [version 08/2003]
Passports
Work Permit Letter
2 passport size photographs
Bank Statements (At least of the last 3 months)
Pay Slips (At least of the last 3 months)
Tax Return Copy (P 60)
Employment Letter from employer

Do we need the below as well. Thought only one proof of address is sufficient.
Copy of your rental contract (I don't have an agreement copy typed properly. It is hand written by my owner)
Council Tax Bill (Council tax is paid by my landlord)
Marriage Certificate (???)
Driving License (???)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue May 25, 2004 5:58 pm

Dude some of these docs are situation specific e.g. if you are including a spouse in the applicaion then you need to submit a marriage certificate as proof of relationship - since we don't know your marital situation we can't comment any further now can we.

The Home Office need to see you got a place to live in without recourse to public funds - submit this handwritten 'contract' and a utility bill in the landlords name. You must also submit the landlords original or certified mortgage/ property deeds as evidence that he/she truly owns the property. No need to submit DL unless you are doing so as a secondary proof of address - I would wage my mortgage that the caseworker doesn't even look at it but then again I'm not a gambler :lol: .

Good Luck

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue May 25, 2004 7:44 pm

Thanks kayalami.

I do have all other utility bills (BT,British Gas bill etc). I have my marriage certificate.

Only thing is my contract is directly with the landlord and not with any agency. I can try to get a copy of the Landlord's document.

I beleive apart form that I have everything with me.

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Good news. I got my ILR last friday. Many thanks to Kayalami & others who guided me. It went very straight forward to me as there were not much questions asked.

1. The documents which they asked me is

a) The application form
b) 2 x Photos
c) My bank Statement
d) Letter from the employer saying that my work is continuing with them
e) Workpermit originals (from the first to the last)

I went at 08:45am the morning and met the interviewer at 09:15am (After gettting my application checked in the ground floor and the fees paid in the first floor). The interview was in the second floor and everything was done for me at 09:30. No questions were asked to me except how many years I am in this country. I was asked to come back after 2 hours to collect my passport.

Advice to people who is applying in person
-------------------------------------------------
Please book the appointment in advance so that no need for you to be there early in the morning.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:23 pm

Congratulations on obtaining ILR and thank you for sharing details of the process especially the advice on booking an appointment in advance.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:55 pm

Hi,

Why HO asked for orginal work-permits. Would photocopy of it not sufficient? In my case I only have the photocopy of my previous work-permit because my employer had taken it from me.

Would it make any impact on my ILR application? (although I have the orginal work-permit of my current job) :roll:

Any comments please?

Gmmi

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:26 pm

You are not required to submit your workpermits but doing so is helfpul - give them your photocopy. In any case the Home Office have all your details on their database so they can verify your employment history as required. Focus your concerns/ efforts on getting a 'continuation of employment' letter.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:45 pm

Kayalami wrote:Dude some of these docs are situation specific e.g. if you are including a spouse in the applicaion then you need to submit a marriage certificate as proof of relationship...
Good Luck
Kayalami - Do we really have to submit a marriage cert. with the application? The application form doesn't mention anything about this?

sanj_d
Newly Registered

FLR(IED) processing time

Post by sanj_d » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:42 pm

Hi,

I applied for extension of my work permit and after receiving my first letter in one week, i applied for FLR(IED) by post on 26th June.

I received a letter yesterday from ATOS Cannock that caseworker will consider my application.Its been more than 4 weeks already and I haven't received my passport yet.

Does anybody know why is it taking so long to process the application? I faxed them Urgent Treatment document as I need to travel home soon. After calling them, they said it will take another two weeks to process. I understand rules have been changed but why are they taking so long time?

Cheers,
Sanj