ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

English test Certificate

Post by Louby Lou » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 pm

My husband passed his English test :D And should have received his certificate on the day however, there has been some admin mix up and it was not there. They will send another one from the UK for him to collect in Cairo. The Examiner said that we can submit the Visa application without the certificate as UKBA can (should?) verify this with the college.
We have waited so long to submit that I am desperate to do it now but don't want to fall at the final hurdle.
Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

ukspousevisa
Newly Registered

Re: English test Certificate

Post by ukspousevisa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 am

Louby Lou wrote:My husband passed his English test :D And should have received his certificate on the day however, there has been some admin mix up and it was not there. They will send another one from the UK for him to collect in Cairo. The Examiner said that we can submit the Visa application without the certificate as UKBA can (should?) verify this with the college.
We have waited so long to submit that I am desperate to do it now but don't want to fall at the final hurdle.
Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.
wait for certificate then apply

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello Louby Lou

Could you tell me the process you went through in cairo for the english test and what did they test your husband on.

Was it just speaking and listening or everthing and how long did it take.

Also did they make you buy a CD?

Thanks all info would help.

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Louby Lou » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi, I don't want to break forum rules on advertising, but there are a couple of options. We ended up paying for more than one exam through different providers as various things (like revolutions) got in the way!
The Key English test which is through the British Council seems fairly straightforward and there are learning resources for this, although it includes all 4 elements (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
The option which he took this week is through the College of Excellence, it is a 30 minute test of listening and speaking. It is expensive but they will do it 'on demand' and send an examiner across from the UK. There is only one example paper on their website but to be honest you don't need much more than that.
Hope that helps.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 pm

thanks for that info...