ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Accountants Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avi123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Accountants Requirement

Post by avi123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 am

Dear all,

I hope i could get some help here. I have applied for a tier 1 visa on 3rd March, 2011. I got my profit and loss statements done through an accountant whom i knew through 3rd person. However, i have a feeling now that the accountant is not registered with ACCA or any other body which UKBA approves. The accountant says that his other partner is registered with ACCA AND he himself has applied for a membership in ACCA.

I am confused now. I called up ACCA and they didnt find the firm on their list, neither did they find the name of the person who signed my P&L statements. However, the name of his partner is in the ACCA list, and he is the director of the accountancy firm. Will my profit and loss statement be valid then?

I have shown my earnings through employment and self employed earnings, and have submitted my payslips, invoice and bank statements. Do i still need accountants letter. Please let me know. Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Avi123

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:23 am

Get the accountant summary signed by the partner who is ACCA. The staff I usually deal with at my accountant are not ACCAs so their colleague (who is an ACCA) signed the documents for UKBA and specified her name and registration number in the letter.

avi123
Newly Registered

Post by avi123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:32 am

Thank you for the prompt reply. Can i still submit the papers signed by the ACCA accountantt, even though i had applied on 3rd March and had my biometrics on 11th of March. Please let me know.

Also whats the procedure normally, if UKBA wants to verify the authencity of the accountant.
Do they call the accountant or do they visit ACCA website?

Regards

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

avi123 wrote:Thank you for the prompt reply. Can i still submit the papers signed by the ACCA accountantt, even though i had applied on 3rd March and had my biometrics on 11th of March. Please let me know.
Search for posts about submitting additional documents.
avi123 wrote:Also whats the procedure normally, if UKBA wants to verify the authencity of the accountant.
Do they call the accountant or do they visit ACCA website?
Can't help on this one.

pauls_heaven
Newly Registered

Post by pauls_heaven » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi,

I've same problem, I've applied for my tier 1 extension. I submitted letter from my accountant who is not affiliated to ACCA or any other body listed in UKBA site or document. But he is a qualified CA. I used premium service and my application was put on hold and I was asked to submit a letter from my accountant stating that the company is recognised and who they are affiliated with.

I'm going to send a letter without proving he is affiliated to one of the listed bodies. Is my application going to be rejected ?? I called up UKBA customer care they said it depends upon the case worker and complexity of the case. What happened to your case?

Regards,
Paul.

ilrtier1

Post by ilrtier1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Can anybody say how much you are paying extra for a letter from accountant to show your total income?