ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit help!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aalliem
Newly Registered

EEA family permit help!!

Post by aalliem » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi, My wife is Slovak citizen and I'm pakistani citizen living in Canada.
We are planning to apply for EEA family permit after May 01 to avoid worker registration scheme. she also has a 5 year old son,he is US citizen. We all three will travel together to UK. We will apply under Job seeker. After May 01, is there any restriction on us that she has to have a Job in Uk already, making certain money already before we apply and what about having Medical coverage as a condition to apply for EEA family permit. We will go there with some cash around $8,000.
My understanding is that after May 01, she will need to show any job before and only thing we need to proof is our marriage/relationship.

Please comment and let me know if i'm missing something before we apply.

thanks.

aalliem
Newly Registered

Post by aalliem » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:05 pm

I have a little more to add,
The application Asks for My current Job info, my spouse(EU citizen) Job info.
Is current Job a requirement for obtaining EE family permit. Since i dont have a legal status in Canada and may have to go to Pakistan and apply from there, I will go to Pakistan just for that sake, I wont have any JOb there. Is that going to change anything?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 pm

I have just recently commented on that, have a look here. Read it carefully esp. the links given in that thread. And please, do not open multiple threads on the same topic.

aalliem
Newly Registered

Post by aalliem » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 pm

thanks for your answer, I looked at the the thread you mentioned. In my case my wife is not in UK at the moment. We live in Canada and of course she doesn't have a current Job in UK. In previous thread, the applicant spouse was already in Uk , working for last 7 years.
Please let me know does my wife need to go there first, get a Job before I can apply for EEA family permit??

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

No, she doesn't.

aalliem
Newly Registered

Post by aalliem » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 pm

thanks for your help.